Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro - a must have tool for techs

fabs

Fabs Autobackup Developer
Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,
here comes the time to create a new thread about the brand new Fab's AutoBackup 7 pro.

It brings improvements and new features like the ability to restore a multiple users backup in a single operation (the restore GUI is similar to the transfer feature). It can use volume VSS snapshots, so, it is possible to backup files even if they are locked by another process, a widely wanted feature : support for the most popular cloud services synced folders (and their content of course!).
To see a more complete differences list, see this page : https://www.fpnet.fr/?page=abdifferences&lang=en

Like told on the Fab's AutoBackup 6 Pro thread, this new version has a different economic model:
it comes with a one year of free updates/upgrade by default. After that, a new license has to be purchased (yes, the discount codes that have been used in the past still work!). There is a 3 years option available too for the price of 2.
Important note: if your update/upgrade period has expired, the program will continue to work normally. So, if you do not feel like the features in the update are not worth it, you can just ignore it and continue to use your program like you did until there. Now, I know what I have to make it even better at each time!

You can get it at https://store.fpnet.fr

I hope you will enjoy this new version as you did with V6!

Thanks for all your support

Last edited:
I look forward to trying this out! I've been using your product for years and it's worth every penny. Having said that, do you have any promo codes for existing subscribers? ;)

I'm interested in the 3 year deal - do you have any plans to create Fab's AutoBackup 8 Pro in this timescale? I don't want to commit to 3 years if the software will be superseded in 2 years for example.

I look forward to trying this out! I've been using your product for years and it's worth every penny. Having said that, do you have any promo codes for existing subscribers? ;)

I'm interested in the 3 year deal - do you have any plans to create Fab's AutoBackup 8 Pro in this timescale? I don't want to commit to 3 years if the software will be superseded in 2 years for example.
You can use the same discount code as you did when you ordered your last Fab's AutoBackup Pro version. I have checked, it is still alive and will provide 25 percent discount to you. Let me know if you do not have it anymore.

About V8, nothing planned yet (V7 is just starting) but that's a possibility. Of course, if it is available while the update period is running, the upgrade will be available at no additional cost :)

You can use the same discount code as you did when you ordered your last Fab's AutoBackup Pro version.
I couldn't locate the discount code I used (I think you kindly provided a free license because of trialling a beta version), but I was happy to pay the full (very reasonable) price, given how much the program has helped me and for all your outstanding support.

don
Hi,
here come the time to create a new thread about the brand new Fab's AutoBackup 7 pro.

It brings improvements and new features like the ability to restore a multiple users backup in a single operation (the restore GUI is similar to the transfer feature). It can use volume VSS snapshots, so, it is possible to backup files even if they are locked by another process, a widely wanted feature : support for the most popular cloud services synced folders (and their content of course!).
To see a more complete differences list, see this page : https://www.fpnet.fr/?page=abdifferences&lang=en

Like told on the Fab's AutoBackup 6 Pro thread, this new version has a different economic model:
it comes with a one year of free updates/upgrade by default. After that, a new license has to be purchased (yes, the discount codes that have been used in the past still work!). There is a 3 years option available too for the price of 2.
Important note: if your update/upgrade period has expired, the program will continue to work normally. So, if you do not feel like the features in the update are not worth it, you can just ignore it and continue to use your program like you did until there. Now, I know what I have to make it even better at each time!

You can get it at https://store.fpnet.fr

I hope you will enjoy this new version as you did with V6!

Thanks for all your support

Done!! :D

Let me know if you do not have it anymore.
I dont have it anymore either - can't even remember my login. However, I'm going to be the bad apple here.

Having said that, do you have any promo codes for existing subscribers?
There is a 3 years option available too for the price of 2.
From site: SPECIAL OFFER: Get one free Emsisoft Anti-Malware license if you purchase this product!

Like I said, I dont have my code as it was so long ago. But with that being said, it doesn't really matter as the deal @fabs put in place should be sufficient for all. He needs to make money off of the time and hard work he puts into the product.

Analogy:

Customer: Thanks for removing the virus. How much do I owe you?
You: That would be $100
Customer: Great, I have a few other things I'd like done, how much do you charge?
You: I charge $75 per hour
Customer: Could I get a 30% discount since I am already paying for the virus removal?

Would you do it? Or counter with say 10%? Chances are, you want as much as you could get because your time is worth money right? Anyway, you see where I was going with that.

Just bought it for myself. Company purchase will probably be happening soon....I don't get to make that decision anymore.

Is the website down for anyone? Not loading for me.
Loads fine for me.

Edit, the actual site loads fine. But cannot log in.

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

delete from whos_online where time_last_click < '1521218834'

[TEP STOP]

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select 1 from sessions where sesskey = '7f06ee0fa2221674131b85fb573bd5ab'

[TEP STOP]

Edit #2: Nevermind, it was because of a session timeout.

Date Ordered: Friday 16 March, 2018

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro (AutoBackup7P) = 90.00€
Included updates for 3 years

I got it. Now just waiting to actually download it. :(

Last edited:
I did notice a problem @fabs, under the Branding, when you add the title, the program adds PRO to the end regardless. So if I do:

[BRANDING]
Title=Compu-Care Backup
BackGroundColor=#4972A9

pro.jpg

Hey now don't you want it to look PRO?!?!

I see that doesn't happen in 6.13 so must have made a little mistake in 7.0 :D

I didn't even use a discount last time for 6 pro. But I don't believe in doing that with someone who spends a lot of coding/designing time, expecting % off. I'll pay the 45 Euros again to support him. I love the program. It's made work for backup/transfer 100x easier.

I did notice a problem @fabs, under the Branding, when you add the title, the program adds PRO to the end regardless. So if I do:

[BRANDING]
Title=Compu-Care Backup
BackGroundColor=#4972A9

This can be removed in the next update. I will not publish it now. After all the V6 updates I have done in a very short time, I do not want to bother people with another one for V7 yet. I keep this on my mind for now. I hope this is not too disturbing for you.

Back