Surface Pro 5 - no touch screen after N&P

Blue House Computer Help

Reaction score
Bit of a strange one. Had a Surface Pro 5 with a long dead battery that stopped booting (when plugged in). We opted for a nuke and pave. Drivers from Snappy Driver, windows update etc...

Everything seems to work except the touch screen. There is a missing driver in Device Manager.... Elan EzTouchFilter. But I downloaded drivers for it and tried to install them, then update from Device Manager, but it just has the Microsoft default drives and doesn't accept any new ones. The touch screen works when you go into the BIOS so it feels like it's a Windows driver issue but I don't know how to get the right one installed.

1709160458128.jpeg

Oh and all 4 processors have Yellow exclamation mark triangles next to them.

4 Cores Yellow Warnings.jpg

What's going on? Should I have installed from a Surface specific image?

It sounds like you did the N&P the old fashioned way. Boot from a USB stick, N&P with stock W10, then go from there.

I do know the bangs on the processor cores means the OS is missing instruction sets. Seen that a handful of times on newer laptops and servers. While I've not had to work on a Surface all instructions indicate that you should use the built in methods or at least download a serial number specific image.

Back