Quickbooks Desktop EOL Announced

Were you guys able to do a clean install of those QB editions or did they come along with a Windows 10 to Windows 11 in place upgrade?
I installed it under Win 7 I believe, which got upgraded to Win 10 and then Win 11. The original installation was on different hardware (an HP Envy 8300 lemon) so I just transferred the drive to the replacement system (Lenovo M92P) and carried on without a hitch.

Were you guys able to do a clean install of those QB editions or did they come along with a Windows 10 to Windows 11 in place upgrade?

Brand new installations on my Windows 11 white-box desktop, my ASUS laptop, and my wife's ASUS laptop of completely different model.

No special installation requirements, just double clicked setup.exe and watched it run.

@YeOldeStonecat I'm pretty sure Intuit is intentionally making the on premise software harder to use to push more online subscriptions. They really do not want to support it anymore. I can't really fault them, people are stupid and Quickbooks while not overly complex in the LOB space, still has its quirks and both of us have spent decades learning those quirks. It's hard to gain that knowledge to make it easy.

I just did a fresh install of QBDT2019 on Win11 - did a hardware refresh on my main box and did a clean-slate reinstall of everything. No problems at all other than I forgot the importance of keeping the path to the data file for my QB Web Connector. Since I inadvertently changed the path, the vendor of my web application had to change things on their end to make it work again, so that was a 2 day dance that could have been avoided had I been more careful with my reinstall.

I'm pretty sure Intuit is intentionally making the on premise software harder to use to push more online subscriptions. They really do not want to support it anymore.
Agree, both accounting and other business clients I've spoken to report similar bad experiences with their support on desktop. I have never needed their support, so don't have a personal measure, but I will 100% learn a completely different product out of spite before I sign on to their extortion racket. Does it make sense? No. Is it an efficient use of my time? No again, but f&#k 'em. This curmudgeon isn't going to online.

Agree, both accounting and other business clients I've spoken to report similar bad experiences with their support on desktop. I have never needed their support, so don't have a personal measure, but I will 100% learn a completely different product out of spite before I sign on to their extortion racket. Does it make sense? No. Is it an efficient use of my time? No again, but f&#k 'em. This curmudgeon isn't going to online.
I'm very much in the same boat, except with Nexgen just short of calling the lawyer to close it, and Intouch running as a side gig at best I have even LESS time.

I need to just bite the bullet and get my crap in Wave. For what I do, I can get what I need for less than I'm currently paying for just Authorize.net. Xero is the smarter bet, because it gives me control over the merchant processing. But it's $15 / month and I need to keep paying the $30 / month to keep Auth.net around. Intuit is straight up priced out of the market at the rates they charge IMHO. I cannot figure out why people stick with them.

I cannot figure out why people stick with them.

Probably because so many accountants (tax and otherwise) will only accept data in QuickBooks format. I don't use QB to begin with, but that's the reason that one of my clients has stuck with it, because he's sticking with his accountant of many years, and that accountant doesn't give any other options.

Back