Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro - a must have tool for techs

Jake. Well for starters, it will do multiple user profiles, inc all their favourites (all browsers), emails, contacts, you name it.

You can have a normal hard drive, and basically transfer their data over to say a new ssd drive, instead of backing up and then reloading.

I use it on any machine which comes into the workshop. Especially good for those troublesome pc's where you suspect a failing drive. Grab the data first.

For the princely sum of E45, your not only getting a 1st class program, but your also helping a fellow IT technician whose also a great member on the forum too.

images

I correct my customers, I'll correct you! It's Jacob. I don't answer to Jake except by dad.

You can have a normal hard drive, and basically transfer their data over to say a new ssd drive, instead of backing up and then reloading.
So why use Fabs instead of just continuing using my disk mirror software?

I just don't understand where this fits in between 1 to 1 disk mirror (like failing HDD or upgrade to SSD)
Or doing a simple pictures/document grabbing and wiping Vista and installing Win10.

So as someone who is just now interested in Fabs...

When do yall use it?

Why use it?

Is it better than dragging over customers user profile and dropping in the new OS?
It automates it. So fast and easy to get started and just walk away. It prevents you from missing standard items if you get distracted.

Is it better than dragging over customers user profile and dropping in the new OS?

Yes. There's a lot of crap that ends up in profiles that will be re-created if missing, and a lot of that is also items that can cause problems if misconfigured or corrupted. Apps not behaving correctly but they work right in another user account on the same machine? Use Fab's to back up the profile, then move it out of the way or nuke it and restore just the data, favorites, cookies, shortcuts, desktop wallpaper, etc.

So why use Fabs instead of just continuing using my disk mirror software?

Because Fab's targets the important things first. The mirroring software probably puts less stress on the drive because it's going mostly linearly, but that's often going to mean that most of the first 10-20+GB you get cloned is the OS, application, etc. because that's the stuff that went onto the disk first. It's also all the stuff that you don't care about if you're unable to clone to a new drive, because it's all going to be freshly installed.

Or doing a simple pictures/document grabbing and wiping Vista and installing Win10.
Fab's will let you keep a lot more than just the documents and pictures - it'll let you keep the stuff tucked away, the desktop wallpaper, the user's bookmarks (from Chrome and Firefox, not just IE favorites), Outlook PSTs and address list entries from Outlook versions before when MS started dropping those in the Documents folder, etc.

It automates it. So fast and easy to get started and just walk away. It prevents you from missing standard items if you get distracted.
This is why the product is useful. Saving all customer data takes only 3 minutes of a technicians attention, with very little risk of missing anything. For busy workshops with a single tech working on four computers at once while serving customers in a shopfront, the product is invaluable.

Copying the complete user profile folder can carry over settings issues and bloat. It's not the way to transfer user data.

In a way it's similar to Ninite, in the sense that it's not that difficult to download and install the latest version of 4 or 5 free apps but it would take 30 minutes. With Ninite it takes 30 seconds of attention. It's a similar story with Snappy Driver Installer Origin.

All this time saving equates to more income. Either you charge for the time it would take to do it manually, or you charge a cheaper rate and happy customers keep coming back and recommending you to their friends.

Thank you Fabrice, you are a true gentleman! I've been following developments on Version 7 pro and had only purchased Version 6 this past October. (like everyone else I don't know why I didn't' use it sooner.) I was pleasantly surprised to find my upgrade to 7 today. (actually I was completely shocked!) You not only have a great piece of software but a loyal customer to grow with your development. Thank you again.

My very first payment to Fab, 8 1/2 years ago, was a whopping 4,70 euros. Today, 90 euros. Still worth every penny. Or whatever the euro equivalent is of a penny. Ok, I have no idea how much I just spent. But I'm happy!

Dang! And I just bought another copy of version 6!
Oh well, for the convenience and ease of use it's worth the money.
I'll get the 3 year license.

Fabs Autobackup is probably the best software tool I have ever purchased. I use it on a daily basis and to be honest for a one man operation such as myself it saves a huge amount of time. I have been using the product since version 4 and the software pretty much is paid for on the first job you use it on. I have just purchased version 7 pro with 3 years of updates for €90 which is still a bargain, PLUS you are also getting a 1 year 3 computer package of Emsisoft antimalware which on their website has a value of €59. So a double win as far as I am concerned. Fabrice sends regular updates and is an active member on this forum offering advice. Keep up the great work Fabrice!!

Fabrice,
I just bought version 6 last month (Feb. 6th if I remember correctly.) You stated in a previous post:
You can convert your last license for free if you want ;)

How do I convert my license to ver 7?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

I correct my customers, I'll correct you! It's Jacob.
Also, Fabs is amazing and stupid fast -- thats a compliment by the way @fabs

I have been using Fabs for years now and honestly its a piece of "equipment" no technicians toolbox should be without. It does everything for you rather than you dragging and dropping through a flash drive or any other means.

Couple this software with an SSD in an IODD and its the #1 backup and restore utility on the market. It's on all 5 of my IODD's. A massive time saver and since it's just a click to go piece of kit, I can do backups &/or restores on several machines at the same time instead of devoting time to each machine individually.

Spoiler: Jake??
AAANNNDDD reported. ;):p

Also, Fabs is amazing and stupid fast -- thats a compliment by the way @fabs
suck up! :p

Couple this software with an SSD in an IODD and its the #1 backup and restore utility on the market. It's on all 5 of my IODD's. A massive time saver and since it's just a click to go piece of kit, I can do backups &/or restores on several machines at the same time instead of devoting time to each machine individually.
I still don't have an IODD... I have a drawer full of USB sticks.... it works... May look into getting two IODDs and retiring the USB force.

I still don't have an IODD... I have a drawer full of USB sticks.... it works... May look into getting two IODDs and retiring the USB force.
Do it my friend. You will not regret it and in fact, once you use it, you'll wonder why you hadn't used it from the beginning. :D

AAANNNDDD reported. ;):p
Well, damn! :p:rolleyes:

Yes, and no! Trust me, if I don't like something, be it a service or especially software, I will most certainly voice my opinion about it on this forum. Anyone remember FoolishIT? Yeah, I let them have it openly. And most recently with Kabuto. :)

Do it my friend. You will not regret it and in fact, once you use it, you'll wonder why you hadn't used it from the beginning. :D

Well, damn! :p:rolleyes:

Yes, and no! Trust me, if I don't like something, be it a service or especially software, I will most certainly voice my opinion about it on this forum. Anyone remember FoolishIT? Yeah, I let them have it openly. And most recently with Kabuto. :)

PCMD is bang on with regards to the use of an IODD, I have recently purchased one and together with FABS, all my Windows ISO's, PC Check etc it makes my life so much easier (you will not believe how many USB sticks and Portable drives I used to carry around!!)

Last edited:
Back