[TIP] ★ Recommended Software ★

No trouble yet. I only discovered it a few months ago. It is pretty ugly, but the interface is easy to navigate. You have to download the driver packs through a torrent client to stay up to date. It is about 10 gigs. This means it isn't cloud based. If you are needing to get a computer connected and the nic didn't install, this program will really help you out. It has been spot on with really up to date drivers.

Here is a thread on it.
https://www.technibble.com/forums/threads/anyone-use-driverpack-solution.66562/#post-519134

Quick, easy and portable. Allows to remove program normal or perform a force removal; then it removes the registry entries. Never had an issue.

Latest Update: 11/10/2015
Last Update: 12/9/2012

★ Here's a list of some of the software that I currently have or had at one point. They're organized by the folder they're in on my hard drive.

★ Hopefully there's quite a few new programs here that will be of use to you

★ Please add any must-have programs or your list of programs in the comments

Computer Repair Tools

Software

Hard Drive Tools

Microsoft Office

Malware

Windows Service Packs & Updates

• Autopatcher
    • Download Windows updates for faster installation. Best used for Windows 7 to avoid having the SVCHost.exe program consume massive amounts of RAM and slowing down the process.
    • Keep a an untouched copy of the apup folder. Make a copy of it and use that copy whenever you want to download new updates.
  • Service Pack and Update Center
    • Download service pack for XP+, including 64-bit versions

Operating Systems

Network Tools

Portable

Other Software to Consider
  • Ninite - use to install multiple programs at once (unattended installation)

Software Recommended by Technibblers in the Comments

Thanks again for keeping things current!

I'm a big fan of SDI (snappy driver installer.) Has found missing drivers when I had no other recourse. Very user friendly and is still current as of maybe last month.
Gsmartcontrol for testing hard drives. Portable version available, easy to use. Can also use in winPE environment and linux version available.

http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/Downloads
+1 to both of these. I'd also like to suggest UVK for malware and windows repair automation. We use it many times every day. Its like D7II but with more focus on malware removal and common windows repairs, and its only $30 bucks for the full version, $50 for a brandable version, and a free version available with no ads/adware but just some features are locked out.
http://www.carifred.com/uvk/

Last edited:
Latest Update: 11/10/2015
Last Update: 12/9/2012

★ Here's a list of some of the software that I currently have or had at one point. They're organized by the folder they're in on my hard drive.

★ Hopefully there's quite a few new programs here that will be of use to you

★ Please add any must-have programs or your list of programs in the comments

Computer Repair Tools

Software

Hard Drive Tools

Microsoft Office

Malware

Windows Service Packs & Updates

• Autopatcher
    • Download Windows updates for faster installation. Best used for Windows 7 to avoid having the SVCHost.exe program consume massive amounts of RAM and slowing down the process.
    • Keep a an untouched copy of the apup folder. Make a copy of it and use that copy whenever you want to download new updates.
  • Service Pack and Update Center
    • Download service pack for XP+, including 64-bit versions

Operating Systems

Network Tools

Portable

Other Software to Consider
  • Ninite - use to install multiple programs at once (unattended installation)

Software Recommended by Technibblers in the Comments

• Snappy Driver Installer
    • "It is not as friendly and simple to use as some of the competition but I don’t think that was their goal. With this program you can not only download drivers for your computer but also large (over 8 GB) driver packs to update drivers on almost any computer. As anyone who has reinstalled or recovered a computer knows, the first thing you might need is the network driver to get on the internet. It is a portable program so you can save the “driverpacks” you download which can be updated as needed. Unattended installation and snapshots are also available. I would not put this on a novice’s computer as I can see the confusion on their faces already, but for those of us who need to get geeky with it or take drivers with us, this could be the best way to have drivers on hand and ready to go."
  • Ultra Virus Killer
    • "For malware and windows repair automation. We use it many times every day. Its like D7II but with more focus on malware removal and common windows repairs, and its only $30 bucks for the full version, $50 for a brandable version, and a free version available with no ads/adware but just some features are locked out."
Awesome list.....thank you!!!! Many helpful tools I use everyday.

Back