Anyone use DriverPack Solution?

sapphirescales

Reaction score
It's great for offline installation of drivers. Especially when you need to install WiFi/Ethernet drivers so you can download all the other drivers. I like that you can install manually or automatically. It's a Russian program, but has an English translation that's pretty good. They just released an online only version of it too (2MB download), or you can download the entire driver pack (10.2GB) via torrent.

I've tried the other suggestions for driver installers by members here, but always find myself going back to DriverPack solution. It's simple, fast, and rarely lets you down. It correctly identifies drivers and you can then either find them yourself via the manufacturer's website or you can install the version included in the driver packs.

The ONLY problem I've ever had with it was a few versions back (13.0 - we're on 15.10 now) with Windows XP machines (the Dell Dimension's especially). It would incorrectly identify the audio driver and install the wrong one almost every time. Of course the end result was the sound still didn't work in the end. Thankfully this has never happened to me on a modern OS (Vista+).

So, anyone have any experience with this program?

I'd read about DriverPack here on TN for a while, but never really got into it, especially when some mentioned problems with extraneous software also being installed. Would use 3DP to install the network drivers and then got the remaining drivers in other ways.

A few months ago I gave Snappy Driver Installer (SDI) a try and have never looked back. It's a great tool. After a clean install, I'll run SDI and after about 10-15 minutes, all the drivers have been installed/updated.

I'd read about DriverPack here on TN for a while, but never really got into it, especially when some mentioned problems with extraneous software also being installed.

It amazes me when even tech's fail to read what they're agreeing to before they click "next." You have the option to install the extra software, or just the drivers themselves.

I have not tried DriverPack yet, I currently use Snappy, it saves my butt daily

I tried Snappy. It lacked even basic functionality and didn't include any drivers (they needed to be downloaded online). Time is money and if I have to wait around for 20 minutes for the drivers to download, that's a waste of both time and bandwidth. I thought it was the worst driver installer I'd ever seen. Heck, Driver Genius was better back in the day - and I'm talking like 10 years ago.

I like 3DP to help identify obscure components and manually download drivers, but I haven't used it in several years.

I don't use the driver packs. I use 3DP_Net for the network card and then run Driver Booster which often times catches everything else.

I use Snappy Driver Installer. It is a fork of DriverPack Solutions by programmers who didn't like the ethics of DPS and doesn't have the garbage associated with DPS. On DPS you have to delete software on it or you'll get a system full of Russian malware along with your drivers. Who in heck would want to mess with that? The programer for SDI sometimes posts here.

Snappy driver for me too, offline version, although it does want to install realtek audio drivers most of the time.

+1 for SDI. I update it on my shop PC then copy the program and driver packs on a flash drive; it's portable. It does take forever to download driver packs but it's well worth the investment in time. Never had a problem with it and it rarely fails to provide the drivers I need.

We have used many of them and while not perfect SDI works well. It is our goto program for drivers.

I use Driver Pack every day, the only issue I have is that I can't get it to work on Vista so I have to use Snappy.
With snappy I've also had it break a computer to where I've had to do a system restore and then try to install drivers through driver pack.
A new habit that I've developed is to just download the wireless driver and use driver pack online, I've yet to have a problem with that.

I tried Snappy. It lacked even basic functionality and didn't include any drivers (they needed to be downloaded online). Time is money and if I have to wait around for 20 minutes for the drivers to download, that's a waste of both time and bandwidth. I thought it was the worst driver installer I'd ever seen. Heck, Driver Genius was better back in the day - and I'm talking like 10 years ago.

I used DriverPacks for ~2 years before switching to Snappy. SDI does have an offline version (bit torrent download, just like DPS), the download is just hard to find. My main objection to DPS was how buggy the application was (like how it would finish installing all the drivers, but the program would be stuck "Installing xxxxxx, 100%." I like both of them, and DPS even has some oddball drivers that SDI doesn't (although I think a person could import them..). I've had BSoD's from DPS, but then again any driver program (or even OEM driver installers) can cause BSoD's.

I use Snappy Driver Installer. It is a fork of DriverPack Solutions by programmers who didn't like the ethics of DPS and doesn't have the garbage associated with DPS. On DPS you have to delete software on it or you'll get a system full of Russian malware along with your drivers. Who in heck would want to mess with that? The programer for SDI sometimes posts here.

If you simply read what you're clicking on before you click it, you'll see that you can deselect the option to choose Yandex as your default search engine and such. The really old versions of DriverPack Solution automatically changed your default search engine upon exit, but they've changed that practice.

If you simply read what you're clicking on before you click it, you'll see that you can deselect the option to choose Yandex as your default search engine and such. The really old versions of DriverPack Solution automatically changed your default search engine upon exit, but they've changed that practice.
Don't care. The fact that the head programer LEFT because of this is telling. I shouldn't have to put up with such BS to use a product. What if I get in a hurry and forget. What if they change some setting and sneak it into this anyway. Why the heck would I trust a flaky operation like this?

Any software that tries to sneak it in gets taken off my xmas card list. Auslogics defrag for example. 3DP too.

It is irrelevant, what they do. SDI works just as well without that BS. If DPS was the only game in town then I would be forced to consider it. It isn't, I don't. You're not going to convince me otherwise.

Back