Windows 10 Stuck on 1909

JohnDoe1980

Reaction score
Hello. I have a PC running Windows 10 1909. The latest update is 22H2. I have tried updating it through Windows update and it doesn't take. I tried using Windows Update Assistant to manually install it, on Friday and it took forever, was about 95% done installing when I left for the weekend. Came back on Monday (today) to find the laptop was shut off. I powered it on and the bootup took a very long time, then loaded into Windows and the PC was running extremely slowly (this wasn't the case before), task manager was showing Disk usage at 100% and memory and CPU also quite high. I checked the version and it's still 1909. I'm not sure what to do. If I can't fix this I'm going to have to reinstall windows and back up files. Any help would be welcomed.

Performing a Windows 10 or 11 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows ISO file

And preferably do it without an internet connection. The ISO has everything that's needed to update without anything else. Small updates that may have occurred after it was built by Microsoft will be applied by Windows Update after the fact.

I'd try going straight to 22H2.

But even before doing the above, I'd also have already tried, Using DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) and SFC (System File Checker) to Repair Windows 8.1, 10 & 11, just to have things as clean as possible beforehand.

For doing manual updates like that, like BTG said above...just go right for the latest and manually punch it in. We'll go right for the Windows 10 media creation tool...and get the latest.

We've seen computers not want to make sure a big leap from a really old version...right up to the latest,
but if you try it with a few small steps....it will usually make it. So gather a few older versions of the media creation tool (you can go grab old versions of the installers via the Rufus tool.

I'd try to get it back with windows restore to an earlier point, and THEN try to update. It could be the "what should be updated" vs. "what shouldn't be" on the computer, is working against one another now. Good luck and let us know!

Back