May update issues

Galdorf

Reaction score
There seems to be quite a dew issues with May updates .NET and other issues.

Known issues

Microsoft includes a list of known issues that affect the operating system and platforms included in this update cycle:

https://www.itpro.co.uk/infrastruct...indows-admin-patch-tuesday-authentication-bug

May patch wish they would stop using us as beta testers seems to impact not only 10 but 11 and servers as well.

Had customers running .NET apps that kept crashing with errors.

Last edited:
Seems some users are having login issues after may patch wish they would stop using us as beta testers seems to impact not only 10 but 11 and servers as well.

Does not happen with everyone could be software specific.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ows-updates-cause-ad-authentication-failures/

Had also seen a few posts on microsoft help forum on patch day one user could not log into his bank account tried many browsers then removed the updates and tried again and was able to login he then put updates on hold for a month.
Active Directory has nothing to do with banks and web browsers.

Active Directory has nothing to do with banks and web browsers.
There is alot more than active directory in may patches i put up the wrong link the posts were on the microsoft support forums.
Also .net seems to be causing major issues as they have put out multiple fixes for same issue.

Last edited:
There is alot more than active directory in may patches i put up the wrong link the posts were on the microsoft support forums.
Also .net seems to be causing major issues as they have put out multiple fixes for same issue.
Then put up the right one. Copy and paste isn't hard to do.

Reactions: GTP
And we note that your original post was claiming issues connecting to banking websites and now you are claiming it is .NET

Do you not know the issues in your own bench? I have no problem with discussions of issues with vendor patches. I do have issues with techs that falsely claim to have seen every issue that makes the rounds. Your clients must have the worst luck. Call a witch doctor and have that curse lifted. In your line of work you can call it a tax write off.

All managed machines have confirmed deployment of May's update rollups.
That's good to hear - I was reading the thread on r/sysadmin about it breaking authentication on domain controllers, and wondering if I should hold it back. It's due on this weeks patch window for me, but I've only got a dozen or so DCs... Have you deployed the registry entry that disables strong certificate binding on your DCs?

That's good to hear - I was reading the thread on r/sysadmin about it breaking authentication on domain controllers, and wondering if I should hold it back. It's due on this weeks patch window for me, but I've only got a dozen or so DCs... Have you deployed the registry entry that disables strong certificate binding on your DCs?

Nope, but I also only have 2 DCs left in service, one a Server 2012 that's on the way out, and another that's Server 2016 Essentials. But neither are having issues.

I have had multiple machines in that use to run appsanywhere before the patches and stopped after university and college students they all had the same .NET dependencies errors i had to re-install all .NET frameworks then it started working again.

I find it odd that nobody seems to be having issues there has been multiple patches to fix the issues since April seems both win 10 and 11 have been having same issues with .NET.

Back