LogMeIn Pricing - Logmein Central price changes again 1000% increase for some

the Pro plan went from $99 to $149...here we go again. I like this plan for ad hoc small office setups when clients need easy access to their PC on vacation, etc. I might start looking elsewhere again. I pretty much ditched them years ago with this exception. Interested to see what shakes out from Citrix merger. I'm hoping my Goto Assist licenses don't see an increase too.

So I use LMI. A LOT. The pricing sucks donkey balls... no doubt.

But we just turn around and charge the client at 2x the price...

"You mean I can access my work computer from anywhere for $150 / year? How much to install? What? It takes 5 minutes and you can talk me through the install over the phone? Wow... and will this let you access my system and help me out if I get into trouble?".... awesome!

And sold.... moving on to the next person.

Why LMI? Because install is flawless. Because no router settings need to be set. Because invariably they throw a curve ball like, "so, I am heading to Hawaii tomorrow and thought I could just take my iPad... oh? you mean I can still do everything flawlessly with a small App install? - Awesome!".

I look amazing and the price is absorbed by everyone.

I originally started with Splashtop Business for Remote Support (100 computers) at $249/year but recently changed to Splashtop Business (3 users) at $180/year. Purchase of 3 or more users for $180/year gives you access to an unlimited number of computers. I made this change mid-year and they prorated the payment and renewal date.

I also have a license for Splashtop On-Demand Support - 1 Technician at $100/year. The On-Demand support is excellent and easy for end users to initiate. The only issue I have is no automatic reconnect on reboot, but hopefully, that might be coming at some stage. On-Demand uses a 9 digit code without a password for connection and the code changes each time you run the application, so you need the end user to restart the program and give you the new code if you need to reconnect.

With most remote support jobs, I get the end user to make the initial connection with On-Demand. Then, when I remote in I install the client for the Business version silently via a script. This gives me continued access for the length of the support session and makes reconnection after reboot possible. At the end of the support session, I run Splashtop’s CleanUpInstaller to completely remove the Splashtop client.

I also have a Teamviewer subscription, but will not renew it when it is due. I prefer the above Splashtop combo even without the reconnect on reboot.

I originally started with Splashtop Business for Remote Support (100 computers) at $249/year but recently changed to Splashtop Business (3 users) at $180/year. Purchase of 3 or more users for $180/year gives you access to an unlimited number of computers. I made this change mid-year and they prorated the payment and renewal date.

Thank you for this information... very clear and helpful.

Can you use Splashtop On-Demand Support independent of all else?

This is an area where we fall down with LMI (hard). I CANNOT bring myself to use their 123Rescue (just too damn expensive) and we need a system that bridges the convenience of getting connected to a user and the power that we still see in LMI.

I really like the idea of a cleanup tool.... remove a person's computer from your LMI account and they are nagged about it forever.

Can you use Splashtop On-Demand Support independent of all else?
I believe you still need Splashtop Business. This from their website:

Instantly access your customers’ computers without them having to pre-install anything:
  • Step 1: Your customer downloads and runs a program from sos.splashtop.com. No installation needed.
  • Step 2: Your customer tells you the 9-digit session code that’s shown on the screen.
  • Step 3: Use your Splashtop Business app for Windows or Mac to enter the session code and start accessing the computer.
You only need purchase a 1 user $60 license of Splashtop Business. The total investment would be $160.

I use the cleanup tool to remove the permanent client install. On-Demand has no installation.

I recall LogMeIn first started charging for LogMeIn Central basic in January of 2013, then they raised prices in January of 2015, then now they raise prices again in January of 2017.

We created RemoteToPC to be a LogMeIn Central alternative. To express how we feel about LogMeIn raising their prices yet again here in 2017, we have created a 10% off coupon for all of the Technibble users. Just put ‘Technibble17’ as the coupon code at the top of the shopping cart, and all RemoteToPC plans are an additional 10% off.

https://remotetopc.com

To express how we feel about LogMeIn raising their prices yet again here in 2017

What did they increase?

My portal still shows the same price as last year.

Does remotetopc.com offer some sort of LMI migration tool? Something that

1. inherits all LMI systems
2. uninstalls LMI from target systems

Mainstay,

They increased the pricing of everything.

For example: LMI Central 100 computer Basic was $699, now it's $899 Plus was $1499, now it's $1999. Premier was $2999, and now it's $3499

RemoteToPC does not currently have a LMI migration tool, but you are able to deploy it to multiple systems at once. As to how it would compare with LMI, a 100 computer system plan at RemoteToPC is $299 (https://remotetopc.com/compare-plans/), with a mix of features such as a local client application similar to Central Basic, file transfer similar to Central Plus, and basic system monitoring & alerts similar to Central Premier.

We thought LMI's prices were too high back in 2015-16. This new level in 2017 is sure to help drive up their stock value for thier shareholders, and help pay off their $1.8B acquisition of GoToMyPC from Citrix, but small computer consulting companies, and MSPs are taking the hit for all that. With thier purchase of GoToMyPC, they will be grossing over $1B per year, making them the elephant in the room compared to all of the other remote access solutions out there.

Last edited:
With thier purchase of GoToMyPC, they will be grossing over $1B per year, making them the elephant in the room compared to all of the other remote access solutions out there.
In the meanwhile, they are creating an opportunity for smaller players with reasonable pricing.

Hi,

I've been researching since 2015 but we've been so busy and undermanned we couldn't make this a priority. The price has nearly increased in 200% since we started. Not counting when logmein was free.

I was about to go with team viewer last year but we just didn't have the budget at that time to go through with it. But considering now our subscription just doubled AGAIN (now they are asking $4K a year) We will definitely have to change.

Features Needed

- Remote Control
- File Transfer (LMI was great it would only transfer over the changes, are all file transfers optimized like that now on remote programs?)
- 3-5 Users (Note: We do not need to be on the same computer at the same time)
- 150-200 Computers (Currently 108)

If anyone can suggest a solution for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
I've been using iDrive's Remote PC lately on a couple PCs. Good file transfer and control. They're currently doing 90% off, and I'm using the Consumer/SOHO license, which 'shares' device names on any installed PC, so I'm curious about group controls in Pro/Enterprise. At 50 bucks for a year (and 500 after), it's definitely a contender with LMI in my book.

Back