LogMeIn Pricing - Logmein Central price changes again 1000% increase for some

I'm in the same boat as everyone else... I am looking at a 1000% increase. I am probably going to go with a host my own solution.

Currently I am trying out SimpleHelp as an alternative. But I have grown to love LMI over the years. Also LMI allows me to have secondary users which is very important. Not sure what I am going to do.

I have SimpleHelp and it works pretty well. It allows for secondary users / client accounts. Does ScreenConnect have an similar functionality?

Here is the response:

1. If you are on my tier (250 computers for $1000 / year) and you add a single Pro license, your whole account get's upgrade to the Plus tier ($3000 / year). You CANNOT mix "Free" licenses with "Pro" licenses. They recommend opening a 25-tier LMI Central Plus account for those few clients that need Pro licensing. Of course, you could always just use Pro for individuals but you lose the deployment package option and the sub-account sharing (but this isn't a huge deal).

2. Double price with the same feature set MINUS the ability to mix free and pro licenses.

3. Doubling price, may or may not be the same next year. "This is what our development team came up with after researching the market".

I never really cared for lmi to begin with and there are so many quality alternatives...
Indeed, but Central is somewhat unique in that you can give your clients access to their machines without worrying about how many concurrent sessions may be in use at any given moment. Most of mine are happy to use LMI Free from my Central account, with only one on a pro licence (so they can print from remote).
Everything else ticks the boxes but not secondary (client) accounts.

I think I will switch most of them to unattended on my ScreenConnect and the few that want remote access, set them up to use Take Control via GFI Max as I already have both of these.

Last edited:
I am looking at the BeAnywhere website and there isn't much info about the software. I hate that!

Can't find pricing on that one though. Don't want to be pressured into buying something I don't even know what the cost is by providing my contact info!
Yeah - their site was atrocious. We couldn't figure it out... granted we didn't give it much time, but that is exactly my point. We need to make decisions and if your site is unintuitive and doesn't actually show your prices (it is a give us your info and we'll send a quote), then we are on to the next site.... that is my feedback for their site... not their product.

Yeah - their site was atrocious. We couldn't figure it out... granted we didn't give it much time, but that is exactly my point. We need to make decisions and if your site is unintuitive and doesn't actually show your prices (it is a give us your info and we'll send a quote), then we are on to the next site.... that is my feedback for their site... not their product.
Indeed. It needs to be intuitive and clean at the same time.

I found this forum and became a member because I wanted to see if anyone else was going though what I have.

Like others, I started using LOGMEIN approx 3 years ago. I guess you could say we all helped "build" this company working through the bugs, and then we started to pay. I recommended this company to many of my clients. I expanded my own use until I got near 10. Then the GOUGING BEGAN!!!!

First it went to 99$, then it went up significantly, but upon complaining they said I was a "valuable customer" and gave me a big discount, and I paid 150$ for 5....I trimmed off some clients because the usage was not worth it.

Then last year AGAIN it goes up, this time another discount but it ended up being $250. Some of my clients balked citing other alternatives....so off they went, but I added a couple of family members I do support for and now I have 5 that are myself and my family members.

I was in SHOCK when I got the renewal notice....$350 for FIVE!!!! Seriously??????? I would be thinking twice about that even if they were all business customers.

So today I called them and said "hey guys....been with you from the beginning, and this is completely illogical for users that only use it occasionally. Cant you give me a discount like in the past to keep me as a customer?" ANSWER NO!!!!

They went on and on about all the "new features" and that they want to provide more to clients. My response..."Seriously gig of CLOUD storage where firstly I DONT NEED THAT....and CLOUD STORAGE is available EVERYWHERE!!!. They were unmoved, and said "this is the direction we;re going" and added some borderline arrogant statements about the company.

OK....with that....I could not help myself. I told the young lady...."Listen...you can stop right there....I had a similar conversation with PALM over a decade ago.....and I told them....your arrogance is going to destroy your company...and guess where PALM is today????" I went on to tell her that the market is getting crowded with lots of competitors, and in particular CLOUD storage is rediculously cheap. I then told her I felt personally violated with the manner they have increased the cost of the product while encouraging me to expand usage kowing the more I commit the harder it would be to leave. Im not sure she even knew who palm was, but the point was made

She then went on to say she "was sorry I would be leaving but if I wanted to reactivate the product...." and then I cut her off RIGHT THERE, and told her...."after this not only will I NEVER RETURN...but I will tell everyone I know about how they treat loyal customers and encourage them to go elsewhere.

She simply said "well thank you for being a customer have a nice day" and hung up.

So in SUMMARY of this long story....DONT BUY THIS ABUSIVE BS...this is NOTHING MORE THAN GREED!!! You are all techs here....spread the word about these people and encourage others to use ANYONE BUT THEM!!!!

I have a list of companies Im looking into, and I hope to see the day that these guys are gone. I dont care if its small or big companies....I used to be the CIO of large busiensses....I would never continued to support a business that acted in this manner!!!

CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNTS AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO SO

@Rick999 Butthurt much? I think you are taking it a bit too personally I mean it's not as if you created a forum account here to just trash talk Logmein now is it? :p

This is one of the main reasons SaaS is BS and a bad deal all the way around. I will NEVER pay a subscription for software. Anyone that does is crazy. If Office 365 was the only solution, I'd break out my old typewriter. I barely want to pay for the software once every few years. There's no way I'd pay for it monthly/yearly, especially since they can just jack it up whenever they want to.

oldtech, rather childish response don't you think? I found what appeared to be a vigorous thread on the topic, and justified concern in what this company was doing, so WHY wouldnt I join in?

Perhaps YOUR role on this site is simply to Troll others and post immature statements.

When a company builds up a software package and promotes the use of it at given rates, they also have a responsibility to keep rate hikes within reason, especially considering the upheaval it causes users to move off a given platform and the minuscule cost involved to keep users when scaling up.

You should really stick to topics you know something about and leave the controversial items to people who know what they are talking about and most importantly have the experience to intelligently comment on.

This is one of the main reasons SaaS is BS and a bad deal all the way around. I will NEVER pay a subscription for software. Anyone that does is crazy. If Office 365 was the only solution, I'd break out my old typewriter. I barely want to pay for the software once every few years. There's no way I'd pay for it monthly/yearly, especially since they can just jack it up whenever they want to.

I would only say that I dont have a problem paying for a subscription, but I expect that there will be some stability in pricing. Normally in TECH....PRICES GO DOWN!!!!! NOT UP! In fact I dont mind paying so that others like yourself might have the opportunity to use it at a lesser function for free or a minimal payment scaled to their usage. After all you do need a base to pay for the infrastructure correct?

I've never seen anything like this in my career in tech where prices have skyrocket so quickly for little reason. In my opinion what they have done is abusive, and while they have ALL the right to do this in a free market system, I also have all the right to complain loudly.

I would only say that I dont have a problem paying for a subscription, but I expect that there will be some stability in pricing. Normally in TECH....PRICES GO DOWN!!!!! NOT UP! In fact I dont mind paying so that others like yourself might have the opportunity to use it at a lesser function for free or a minimal payment scaled to their usage. After all you do need a base to pay for the infrastructure correct?

I've never seen anything like this in my career in tech where prices have skyrocket so quickly for little reason. In my opinion what they have done is abusive, and while they have ALL the right to do this in a free market system, I also have all the right to complain loudly.

But that's the problem. SaaS isn't tech. They don't want software to be a product anymore, but a "service." A service that they can jack the price up on whenever they want just because they want more money. And if you rely on that service (that's really a product), you HAVE to pay it. It's a bait and switch game. Get 'em hooked then jack the price up to high heavens and see if you can get away with it. It's sick. Software is NOT a "service" any more than a lawn mower is a "service." Mowing someone's lawn is a service. But letting them use a lawn mower isn't a service. What if we could no longer buy lawn mowers anymore? What if we could only rent them? People would be up in arms.

Back