LogMeIn Pricing - Logmein Central price changes again 1000% increase for some

Magic Miguel

Reaction score
So I just found out that Logmein implemented a three tier structure with the pricing being based on the feature set and the amount of computers you have their software installed on.

Basic is $499/year and this is basically comparable to what we have now with the $299 a year pricing plan for I believe 250 seats.

Next the Plus plan is $999/year and adds some features from the existing Pro licenses.

Last is Premier at $1299/year which adds the rest of the Pro features.

Now that is just the base pricing. It goes up significantly if you have more than 25 seats as the prices above are all for just 25 seats. I tried reaching out to my sales rep over at Logmein but he blew me off. Unfortunately I would fall around the 250 computer range and would probably have to pay close to $3000/year - and my last renewal rate was at $299.99/year. So that's a 1000% increase in cost for me. That's pretty significant.

Ra7J6Wp.png

My subscription is up just 100% when it comes up for renewal. At this rate, I'm not thinking of them as LogMeIn, but as LogMeOut. I'm not going to be renewing, and am already looking around for other solutions.

Andy

I moved over to ScreenConnect several years ago and have never looked back... it doesn't have all the bells & whistles of LMI, but it's cheaper and does the job.

They're trying to get rid of us, actually. They don't want to deal with small fries anymore, and the girl I talked to on the phone almost admitted as much. They're shifting everything to "premium services."

Yup, LogmeOUT. :mad:

Reactions: GTP
I moved over to ScreenConnect several years ago and have never looked back... it doesn't have all the bells & whistles of LMI, but it's cheaper and does the job.

This is the trouble. Once you get used to the features of LMI it gets very difficult to let go. It's stable and has just enough features that even small-time operators like me find it really useful and hard to part with, even as they're screwing you over. They're like a really bad boyfriend... :mad:

And once again they've left a lot of people high and dry, with little to no warning whatsoever. Their reputation must be taking a beating. I hope the alternatives are taking note! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My guess is they had someone at their offices implement the 80/20 rule. 80% of their income comes from 20% of their clients.
That 20% is probably a few high end enterprise-level businesses that babysit a lot of computers and we are in the 80%.

Unfortunately its just the way some businesses go, it'll be great for them. Just sucks for us.

As others have said, check out Instant HouseCall and Screenconnect. Both are pretty rock-solid solutions and very affordable for us little guys.

I am a long time LMI user.

First I took major advantage of the free accounts.

Then they changed it to only 10 free accounts per account.

No problem, I deployed dozens of accounts with account1@companyx.com, account1@companyy.com etc.

Then no more free accounts, but LMI Central has 100 free accounts w/ $250 / year.

OK.

Now I was prepared for $500 for 250 "free" accounts... but of course they doubled it and it is now $1000 / 250 accounts. Ouch.

But LMI works. And it works 99.9% of the time.

And I can sublet my account.

My techs can use it with their own accounts.

My clients can have access to their own computers.

I can monitor who is accessing what, and when, and for how long.

And this year, with the 100% rate increase, I've decided to join in on the charging fun.

So I started charging my clients.

Not much, but enough to cover my costs and then a bit of admin and then a bit of profit.

And my clients? They say GREAT - so long as we have the same, uninterrupted service we've come to enjoy and expect.

I am not familiar with the other remote clients...although I am reading a lot on your suggestions.

But LMI works. It works behind weird firewalls. It works behind weird country restrictions. It works on MS Surfaces. It just bloody works.

And we have dozens of remote sessions going at a time.

Yes, I definitely think LMI can go **** themselves with their sudden, undeclared rate increases.

But goddamn, their software works and if I could have a stable billing cycle, I could actually monetize my sublet accounts.

(I have customers who know they can buy their own licenses for $X, but I say, I'll handle it for you and give you your own sub-account for $X + $Y... and they say, GREAT!).

So I think it is all in how you re-sell the remote experience.

I just wish I knew which left hook was coming from LMI headquarters next.

Whilst not liking the price hikes, and looking for other software to replace LMI, I agree with @Mainstay.

I have MAXFocus as an RMM solution, but you STILL cannot have the 'Take Control' app, and Teamviewer installed on the same PC. Something that has LONG been requested from GFI/MaxFocus/LogicNow

@JakeFromScreenConnect I would dearly love to have Screen Connect, which could be used in place of TeamViewer, and be able to give clients the ability to remote into their own machines, the same as I can with LMI and their Sub Accounts. I have written to Jake, and mention it here so if anyone else wants to chip in, they can. Maybe you could have the standard Tech Licensing, and then licensing for Sub Accounts/Remote Control only (with no access to the toollkit and all of the other functions)? Yes, I know it's easy to ask, but having tested it twice (thanks Jake :)), and I really like Screen Connect, but it didn't fit as I needed the sub accounts.

I have tried @Instant Housecall - Corey , but had some issues, so decided not to go with it.

Andy

I couldn't figure out if they price will be increased on my account, as my Central subscription expires in April. I only use Central now for 1 client who has 5 people logging into 1 PC, and as a safety precaution I set them up with their own LMI accounts with access to this 1 PC. I use ScreenConnect for everything else. Mostly satisfied with SC, though there is input lag on Dell servers (have to use disable Guest monitor to get lag to a tolerable level).

I agree completely. They've got me locked in. I use GFI Max or Logic Now for RMM but still use LMI for its ease of use. I only had one Pro subscription and because of that or so they say they moved me to the Plus membership until September of 2015 as a trial. They want me to get hooked, make me take that one hit so I get addicted lol. I can see that working but like @Mainstay says I will definitely have to pass the price on to my clients.

My renewal is still $299 for Central. I have about 20 Pro licenses as well as 25-30 free installs. I've been working on moving away from Central and using Rescue exclusively. With the ability to make a remote unattended and use the calling card feature for others, I see no reason to even pay for Pro or Central. None of the remaining Pro installs were being used by the client for remote access. So I'll be saving about $700/yr at this point.

I am in the same boat with LMI. I have 247 free installs and 3 pro installs in my account. I was with them for 7 years for $130/year, then last year I got it with a $800 fee. This year because of the 3 pro accounts, that I pay yearly for, my renewal is going to be $1499. That is one hell of a jump in two years form $130.

Currently I am trying out SimpleHelp as an alternative. But I have grown to love LMI over the years. Also LMI allows me to have secondary users which is very important. Not sure what I am going to do.

So I asked LMI these questions today:

-----
With the new 3-tier system for LMI Central, will we be able to add in LMI Pro licensing to select computers WITHOUT having to upgrade the LMI Central account from basic to plus or premier?

Also, for the doubling in our annual fee, what additional features are we getting for that increased cost?

Also, why do you keep doubling the price? Certainly you must be driving customers away. Is this intentional?
-----

I will let you know the response (if I get one).

BUT... if they say to add pro accounts bumps up the WHOLE tier from basic to pro / premium, then my solution / response will be to open a second account for only those users and have them pay (or me pay) the pro license on a 1 to 1 basis.

Completely defeats the point of having a "central" account but at the 250 computer range (my range) that is a price difference of $1000 / year vs. $6000 / year. And those other 240-odd computers do NOT need pro features.

Back