LogMeIn Pricing - Logmein Central price changes again 1000% increase for some

oldtech, rather childish response don't you think? I found what appeared to be a vigorous thread on the topic, and justified concern in what this company was doing, so WHY wouldnt I join in?

Perhaps YOUR role on this site is simply to Troll others and post immature statements.

When a company builds up a software package and promotes the use of it at given rates, they also have a responsibility to keep rate hikes within reason, especially considering the upheaval it causes users to move off a given platform and the minuscule cost involved to keep users when scaling up.

You should really stick to topics you know something about and leave the controversial items to people who know what they are talking about and most importantly have the experience to intelligently comment on.

Not interested in comparing epeen sizes with you or experience or any other measure you seem compelled to bring up, but you come on here blasting a vendor like a petulant 6 year old (resurrecting an year old thread in the process) and then have the audacity to insult me because of my obviously sarcastic response? If that makes me a troll then a troll I am - good luck too you on whatever point you are trying to make but I suspect it has been made more eloquently before. Nice personal attack btw.

As an IT company, we started working on a solution to LogMeIn free going away in January of 2014. Over the next two years we built our own low cost alternative to LogMeIn Central. All of the articles and threads I see all over the internet discuss replacing LogMeIn Central with some kind of remote desktop tool like Splashtop, Teamviewer, or ScreenConnect. LogMeIn Central has 3 levels of service, and the Premier version has Monitoring and Alerts.

We built a LogMeIn Central alternative that offers Remote Desktop Access, and basic Monitoring and Alerts. It's called Remote To PC, and I just wrote an article discussing how it matches up with LogMeIn central: https://remotetopc.com/logmein-central-alternative-logmein-central-vs-remote-pc/

As an IT company, we started working on a solution to LogMeIn free going away in January of 2014. Over the next two years we built our own low cost alternative to LogMeIn Central. All of the articles and threads I see all over the internet discuss replacing LogMeIn Central with some kind of remote desktop tool like Splashtop, Teamviewer, or ScreenConnect. LogMeIn Central has 3 levels of service, and the Premier version has Monitoring and Alerts.

We built a LogMeIn Central alternative that offers Remote Desktop Access, and basic Monitoring and Alerts. It's called Remote To PC, and I just wrote an article discussing how it matches up with LogMeIn central: https://remotetopc.com/logmein-central-alternative-logmein-central-vs-remote-pc/

Very interesting. I will try this out when I have a chance. Might be time to replace my gotoassist.

The limit is 500 computers?

It doesn't mention it on your site anywhere I could find, but I am assuming it's WIndows only?

On the question of more than 500 computers:
Yes, we can provide you with more. I suggest that you sign up for the 500 computer plan, and try the 14 day trial.
https://remotetopc.com/compare-plans/

Let us know the amount of systems that you need to install Remote To PC on, and we will give you special pricing on that number, and if you agree, your credit card will be changed for that amount after the 14 day trail.

If you change your mind before then, just let us know, and we cancel the trail, and you will not be billed.

Also, just to let you know, Remote To PC does not currently offer any kind of instant support tool. It works very similarly to LogMeIn Central with unattended access installation for the host side computers.

Last edited:
Hi Altrenda,

Yes, currently it's Windows only, and it lacks a lot of bells and whistles that LogMeIn Central currently has. We have focused more on making the core technology as reliable as we could, and have had to chose what features we offer very carefully, so it's simple Remote Access, Alerts, and Monitoring.

We are however working hard to adding more features each day, and porting a join client to Android, and OSX is in our future plans.

Last edited:
Hi Altrenda,

Yes, currently it's Windows only, and it lacks a lot of bells and whistles that LogMeIn Central currently has. We have focused more on making the core technology as reliable as we could, and have had to chose what features we offer very carefully, so it's simple Remote Access, Alerts, and Monitoring.

We are however working hard to adding more features each day, and porting a join client to Android, and OSX is in our future plans.
Thanks.

Hi Altrenda,

Does the unlimited Technicians work for users too? Like I don't want them seeing any billing, account settings. I want to have the ability to assign a user to one computer and not see any others... is that possible?

Also, do you have a plan in the middle, say 50 computers?

Logmein = Enterprise prices but their market is SMB = Beer budget

Awesome software. Also, used it when it was free. I recommend Logmein Pro to clients that need no fuss access to a couple computers. Other than that their prices are a joke. Too many alternatives: Gotoassist Express, Teamviewer, MaxFocus has TM viewer builtin, Screenconnect or Instant Housecall.

Reactions: CTL
Does the unlimited Technicians work for users too? Like I don't want them seeing any billing, account settings. I want to have the ability to assign a user to one computer and not see any others... is that possible?

Also, do you have a plan in the middle, say 50 computers?
Hi Knightsman,

Currently all users get a single account, that can open unlimited sessions (up to the max host computers in their plan), so technically 5 technicians could all be logged in that the Command Center of that account on 5 different computers, each accessing 5 different host computers a piece for a total of 25 concurrent remote sessions. .

Each host computer has it's own password to login, so not telling a particular technician the password to that computer would be the way to keep him off of it. As far as seeing the billing, the billing address, and the last 4 digits of the credit card is all that shows under account information.

We want people to buy the 100 system plan, and up, so, we offer the 10, 20, and then the 100 system plan is the next step. You might note that our 100 system plan is $200 less than LogMeIn Central's Basic plan for only 25 computers, and we offer some of the features of their more expensive plans.

Last edited:
As Remote To PC grows and becomes more successful, what comfort can I take that they won't raise their prices LogMeIn and ScreenConnect did? Those were once either free or very affordable too. I'm going to download RTP for a trail run later this week. From what I saw on your website, it looks to offer everything I need at a lower cost the ScreenConnect recently inflated pricing structure. I simply do not want to invest in Remote To PC only to have them raise their prices over the next year or two as I'll be in the same boat again looking for another replacement for remote support.

I noticed you have a link to sign up as a beta tester with a chance of getting a discount. Do you offer any discounts for Tech Nibble members?

I hope my post doesn't sound too bitter. I'm simply fed up with companies trying to milk us to death. I'm hopefull that Remote To PC will be a step above the rest!

As Remote To PC grows and becomes more successful, what comfort can I take that they won't raise their prices LogMeIn and ScreenConnect did? Those were once either free or very affordable too. I'm going to download RTP for a trail run later this week. From what I saw on your website, it looks to offer everything I need at a lower cost the ScreenConnect recently inflated pricing structure. I simply do not want to invest in Remote To PC only to have them raise their prices over the next year or two as I'll be in the same boat again looking for another replacement for remote support.

I noticed you have a link to sign up as a beta tester with a chance of getting a discount. Do you offer any discounts for Tech Nibble members?

I hope my post doesn't sound too bitter. I'm simply fed up with companies trying to milk us to death. I'm hopefull that Remote To PC will be a step above the rest!

Hi 610WebTech,

I totally get your frustrations. RemoteToPC was created out of my own frustrations in my own small IT consulting company. I can't promise you that we'll never raise prices, because I am in business to make money, just like I assume you are. That being said, I find it hard to imagine our prices being more than those of the big RMM companies. RemoteToPC is not just a remote desktop connection tool, and it's not a complex and bloated full RMM, so in the end, it will probably be priced more in the middle, giving core RMM features to smaller IT consulting companies that otherwise found them cost prohibitive.

We are not a public company with shareholders like LogMeIn is, and we recently didn't sell to Labtech like ScreenConnect did. I'm pretty sure neither of those things will happen in the next year or two. Right now we are just little guys working hard every day to improve the quality of our product.

As far as a beta discount. If you are willing to continue to stay in touch through emails, give us feedback, and occasionally try new features for us, then you can be part of our extended beta testing group, and receive an additional discount. That offer is to you and all of the Technibble users. Just contact me through the forms on our site, and mention you are from Technibble: https://remotetopc.com/beta-testers/

Last edited:
"That being said, I find it hard to imagine our prices being more than those of the big RMM companies."

[no flame] You're missing the point. The "big RMM companies" cater to a small business base. There is just the investment in marketing on your company's part.

IE

We migrated from ZenDesk, Zopim to AT/AEM when our customer base was ready (to pay for) that.

I (personally) have been working with free/oss software since 1997, but most customers understand their windows laptop etc. This is something you should engage with your customer base...provide demos etc.

Try to remember, that you are their to serve the customer...not necessarily put the tools in place that you like.

Go Cheap, Get Cheap.

Proper tools require an appropriate price.

Just as an update, Logmein a month after my subscription ran out, began sending me "discounted renewal" notices that were LOWER than my original price before their "shakedown" increase. Obviously non renewals is having an affect. No way I'm going back to them, especially after I contacted them and tried to negotiate a lower price increase after being a paying customer for several years....their arrogance is what got me going.

No using Teamviewer and VERY happy...has everything I need. Will try out the other software mentioned above when I get a chance. :Like to support a small business startup.

Logmein was a good product, but their pricing model and rate increases were astonishingly out of line and frankly disrespectful to those of us who helped them build their business.

Just to update everyone, LogMeIn just bought the Ctrix GoToMyPC business for 1.8 Billion. Also, RemoteToPC is still offering a 20% discount to all Technibble users The coupon code is: 2016go https://remotetopc.com/compare-plans/

Also RemoteToPC has just added a new User Management function that allows for multiple logins tied to one master account, and allows for them to be assigned to access only specific computers.

Back