Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro - a must have tool for techs

This sounds like a GMail app password. That would explain why usual GMail account's password does not work. Can you still run MailPassView against the original Outlook install?
Customer has picked up the laptops but I'll ask if he resolved the issue or not. If not, I'll run MailPassView on the old laptop. He (user's husband) just e-mailed (from his laptop) saying the bluetooth keyboard and mouse don't work, so I may need to do a remote support session to resolve that and will ask about the passwords then.

@Larry Sabo did you try logging into the GMail web interface and request an app password? Don't know if they added that to the free email but maybe they did.
I suspected that might be the case, but the customer provided the passwords with the laptops and said he had just changed them. He's quite tech-capable (he's a scientist) but I never questioned how he got the new passwords or if is using an App Password. When he dropped off the laptops, he said if I have any problems at all, he will set up Outlook.

Hi,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro V7.1.2.1378 have just been released.

Change log:
Added:
- Support for new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser profile

Fixed:
- When the program encountered a folder with restrictive permissions and could not access its content, it used to adjust permissions of the entire parent item instead of just that folder. This could lead to a huge waste of time.
- Lowered log GUI font size for better readability.
- The program could destroy PST files when they were at system drive's root in transfer mode as it used to overwrite source file with itself. This cannot happen anymore. Also, a routine has been added to prevent any file from being overwritten by itself.

Grab it from your orders history's details on the shop's website at https://store.fpnet.fr/account.php?language=en or using the bundled updater tool (click the "Download Fab's AutoBackup 7.X" link within the program and get the updated files).

Hello,
An issue has been identified a few hours ago regarding folders time stamps.
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office V7.1.2.1382 fix that and have just been released.

Here is the change log for both versions:

Fixed:
- Folders timestamps were changed when checking permissions to get their contents. This broke the "keep folders dates" feature.

Grab it from your orders history's details on the shop's website at https://store.fpnet.fr/account.php?language=en or using the bundled updater tool (click the "Download Fab's AutoBackup 7.X" link within the program and get the updated files).

Hi,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro V7.1.2.1390 have just been released.

Change log:
Fixed:
- The program could not set folders dates when backing up to a network path.
- The program could miss Brave browser profile because its path has changed.
- Public items could not be restored if translated "Public" word was something other than "Public".

click the "Download Fab's AutoBackup 7.X" link within the program and get the updated files

I have never had luck with this bit. It grabs new files ok, but I can't run them. I get this error:
upload_2020-2-6_14-46-51.png

So, I delete everything, download a new copy manually from the orders page and I'm off to the races. Is there something I'm doing wrong with the update link? I'm running Win10 Pro-64, which I can only assume is not uncommon.

I have never had luck with this bit. It grabs new files ok, but I can't run them. I get this error:
View attachment 11454

So, I delete everything, download a new copy manually from the orders page and I'm off to the races. Is there something I'm doing wrong with the update link? I'm running Win10 Pro-64, which I can only assume is not uncommon.
Yes Win10 x64 is probably the most common configuration nowadays. I've never seen that before. Perhaps updater gets blocked by your router/firewall because of its custom user agent. I know that ubiquiti routers do that.
In this case, then yes, just get the files from the store and overwrite the ones you already have. You don't need to delete all your files (especially AutoBackup.ini configuration file)

Perhaps updater gets blocked by your router/firewall because of its custom user agent.

Ok, got it. I have a Sonicwall with all of the standard protections on, including content filtering. I actually get new files when I do the in-program update, but maybe they cannot download correctly or completely. I might try whitelisting your site, but it's easy enough to get them through the store link, so I'll just continue that practice. Thanks!

I just got it today with three year updates. Unless I think I am going out of business, great money spent, one year free it is a great return on investment. I am pretty sure this would qualify me for any new versions which would come out in the next three years?

Hey @fabs have had version 6 pro for a long time and realizing 7 has some great features so looking to purchase, any chance of a discount code? I would appreciate that very much if you could thanks

Hmm.... I see it doesn't find profiles automatically in XP. I can guide it to Documents and Settings folder (under choose a Windows installation) and choose a user and it gets what's there but the way WinXP puts stuff all over the hard drive I forgot what a pain that is.

No worries - No one should be seeing WinXP installs anyway.

Back