Dell 2 in 1 7386 Touchscreen not available/working

Velvis

Reaction score
I replaced a cracked LCD/touchscreen in a Dell 7386 and the touchscreen does not show up in Windows 11 (no touchscreen device under device manager). I tried a second replacement screen as well. An Ic2 device shows up with a yellow ! saying code 10 cant start, and per the screen replacement company instructions to delete that entry and scan for new hardware it makes no difference, the ic2 just comes back with the same problem.

It seems like it may be related to Windows 11 from what I can gather from Google, but I can seem to get it to be recognized.

Short of a factory reset back to Windows 10 anyone have any suggestions?

I would say boot to linux using whatever method you have available and see if it works there. That will confirm absolutely that it's not the panel at fault. We recently got TWO bad panels in a row for an uncommon laptop (MSI) from our favorite vendor, must have been a bad run at the factory.

I would say boot to linux using whatever method you have available and see if it works there. That will confirm absolutely that it's not the panel at fault. We recently got TWO bad panels in a row for an uncommon laptop (MSI) from our favorite vendor, must have been a bad run at the factory.
Would a recent version of Ubuntu support a touchscreen out of the box?

Back