Microsoft Authenticator

I stick to MS Authenticator...have 30+ accounts in there now, lots of personal accounts like FB, LinkedIn, my Google...as well as tons of work accounts...our RMM, Hudu, Unifi portal, other MSP portals, etc etc etc.

One time I migrated phones....and the restore of MS Auth from my personal account brought my accounts back into MS Auth...but around 6 maybe 8 of them...had to be re-aligned.

The last time I migrated phones....the restore went quite flawlessly, I think only 2 or 3 accounts had to be re-aligned.
Was pretty painless.

I love the features of MS Auth such as the numbers matching for your MS accounts...which additionally show the geo location of the login attempt, as well as the app being used to try to log in. I chuckled at that 2FAS page comparing theirs to MS Auth...they say "location privacy" and give a check to themselves, and count it as an invasion that MS does it. //sarcastic eye rolling.

And the MS Auth app will keep up with security advancements in 365, as well as it can be managed via the 365 portal....as to which features are allowed, or not. Can't do that with other 3rd party apps. For MSPs that deal with biz clients and care to keep their clients stuff secure...having that level of management is important.

Back