Asus T100TA Sound driver issue

alexsmith2709

Reaction score
I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on an Asus T100TA hybrid device, which i've done a couple times before without issue, but this time i have the error "No audio Output Device is installed". The Realtek drivers are installed and i've tried different versions, going back to Windows 8 which this device came with. All install ok. The issue seems to be the Intel SOC/SST Audio driver. This fails to install and when i manually try to install by pointing device manager at the folder with the .inf file it blue screens with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I tried suggested methods of using an Lenovo Thinkpad 8 version of the SOC drivers but that gives the same error.

I have tried installing drivers with SDIO too.

Any ideas how i can get audio working on this device again?

Did you read this?
Yeah. That link doesnt really give any answers, but the audio driver itself is installed, its the chipset driver that fails to install. Everywhere i looked says installing the chipset drivers fix the issue, my issue is that i cant install the chipset drivers

Have you tried setting BIOS to defaults?
I had this happen on an HP Probook G2 470 and after I set the BIOS to defaults it worked.
I could then set the BIOS as I wished.

Have you tried setting BIOS to defaults?
I had this happen on an HP Probook G2 470 and after I set the BIOS to defaults it worked.
I could then set the BIOS as I wished.
Yeah i did this after updating the BIOS. This is my personal device and im not too worried about it, its old and i barely use it anymore. I was getting ready to sell it but maybe i'll just scrap it now instead.

Back