"There are no active mixer devices available..." Windows XP

Put the drive in a different computer, installed audio drivers from asus and still same problem (no active mixer devices). Client said it was working on his old HDD until he brought it in and had it cloned to a new SSD under a previous tech that isn't here anymore. He is going to bring in the old 3.5" HDD but since what he gave me is a perfect clone, I doubt it will make a difference.

The software he wants to run is MAX SEA and Nobeltec.

Just a reminder - I used to carry cheap $10 USB sound devices (I'll call them sound devices as they're not a sound card) in my backpack for testing and emergencies. They actually work pretty well and no drivers required.

I used to carry cheap $10 USB sound devices (I'll call them sound devices

These are used quite a bit in the world of screen reader users as well, for when built-in sound cards decide, for whatever reasons, to refuse to function. You can't be without sound when you rely on auditory feedback to use your computer, and you have to be ready for those times where the built-in misbehaves.

I'm leaning towards OS issue since multiple sound devices and USB still didn't work. By this point I would have done a repair install.

My memory says boot XP cd, start installer, once you get to select the install location it should offer an option to repair.

v4-460px-Do-a-Windows-XP-%22Repair-Install%22-Step-7-Version-3.jpg.webp

Back