Anyone use AnyDesk?

Resurrecting an oldish thread. I'm testing AnyDesk for the first time, using version 2.5.0. I initiate the reboot from the client side using the Actions menu item "Restart Remote Machine". This then pops up a dialog box with the choice to reboot normally or reboot into safe mode. This obviously reboots into safe mode with networking as AnyDesk automatically reconnected once it was up. Nice!

Resurrecting an oldish thread. I'm testing AnyDesk for the first time, using version 2.5.0. I initiate the reboot from the client side using the Actions menu item "Restart Remote Machine". This then pops up a dialog box with the choice to reboot normally or reboot into safe mode. This obviously reboots into safe mode with networking as AnyDesk automatically reconnected once it was up. Nice!

oh wow, thanks for posting, I've been waiting for them to do this, I was using my own tricks to accomplish it.:)

Any other AnyDesk users figure out how to disassociate their license from a given system? On the Lite version user portal with license information, pressing the Reset button in the License row just generates a new license code--it doesn't disassociate the license from the old PC. Since I am entitled to use it on just one PC, it's a potential problem. Their support staff just referred me to this portal and haven't replied with guidance on using the portal to disassociate the license from a particular PC.

Last edited:
Any other AnyDesk users figure out how to disassociate their license from a given system? On the Lite version user portal with license information, pressing the Reset button in the License row just generates a new license code--it doesn't disassociate the license from the old PC. Since I am entitled to use it on just one PC, it's a potential problem. Their support staff just referred me to this portal and haven't replied with guidance on using the portal to disassociate the license from a particular PC.

Larry,

Not sure if you figured it out or not but you can release the licesne by:

1. Click Clients at top of my.anydesk.com portal
2. Click on the magnifying glass next to the system currently associated
3. Click remove on left side panel.

You should then be able to apply the license to a different system.

@bcpsolutions, thanks. That's what AnyDesk support finally provided. Previously, I never noticed the magnifier or never clicked if I did. That was the key to success. :) I could not find mention of the magnifier when I searched their help pages; perhaps they've added it since, I don't know. If not, they should. There are enough frustrations in life. :)

might give AnyDesk another try, their support is really slow and was waiting for them to get back to me about Safe Mode support

might give AnyDesk another try, their support is really slow and was waiting for them to get back to me about Safe Mode support

Hi, it now works great in safe mode, when you remotely restart the host you have an option to boot to safe mode, BUT I just updated to the newest version yesterday 2.6.1.0 then remoted into a win 10 machine from my win 10 and the copy/paste transfer doesn't work! Kind of a major thing if you can't transfer files, I messaged them about it. Luckily I was able to pull ver 2.5.0 out of the recycle bin and that one works fine from my win 10 for copying/paste to the new version (I had updated the host to ver 2.6.1.0 remotely).

Last edited:
Emailed AnyDesk the other day to ask them to confirm about Safe Mode functioning correctly now, and also mentioned the copy-paste issue.

"thank you for your message. It may be the case this might be improved while delevoping and improving other features, but to be honest, this was not our focus. In most cases, AnyDesk was running in safe mode. I know this was not working for you. Unfortunately copy/paste really seems to be a problem. We will improve the clipboard and also add a gui for the file transfer with version 3.0 of AnyDesk, which should be released in a few days. When we are finished with version 3.0 i can ask one of our delevopers to take a look again into the safe mode."

@ell I just finished a remote session using the newest version and I had no problem using copy/paste. Make sure that under Settings, Security, click Unlock Security Panel on YOURS and CLIENTS and make sure Access my computers clipboard is checked. If not, you'll not be able to copy/paste.

@ell I just finished a remote session using the newest version and I had no problem using copy/paste. Make sure that under Settings, Security, click Unlock Security Panel on YOURS and CLIENTS and make sure Access my computers clipboard is checked. If not, you'll not be able to copy/paste.

Just tried downloading a new one, still no go, checked security too. Tried toggling avast on my machine off again, this time it worked, its a bug in avast!

Just tried downloading a new one, still no go, checked security too. Tried toggling avast on my machine off again, this time it worked, its a bug in avast!
Oh boy! Ask near anyone on here, we'll tell you the same thing... get rid of Avast. That thing causes more problems than anything.

This gives you the opportunity to up sell a better AV. :rolleyes:

Its not Avast, I removed it. Definitely a bug in the program. I've tried it on 4 pc's win 10. Any body else confirm? I just tried the 3.0 beta, same result UNLESS you use the beta on both pc's, then it copy/paste transfer fine.

Last edited:
Back