Anyone use AnyDesk?

Your PCMD

Reaction score
I started tinkering with AnyDesk a couple days ago on my local network. I must say, I like it A LOT.

I am using the free version for now, but I am seriously considering purchasing the LITE version for € 60, or $68 in my USD currency. Has anyone else used/purchased it? I would sincerely love to get the Professional, but just cannot shell out that $200 right now.

I am waiting on an email from them as I asked that if I purchased the LITE, and the remote service takes off, could I upgrade to the Pro version for just the difference in cost. I like the your own brand feature. I also tried and liked the unattended feature and it worked nicely booting into safe mode with networking.

So what are your thoughts? Pros/Cons?

With as little remote servicing I do/will do, I think this little kit is all I would need.

I bought the Lite version lifetime license and am very pleased with the program. Don't hold your breath waiting for Support to reply to your queries, though. It's not perfect but for the price, it's excellent. Use the TN Search function and you'll find lots to read about it.

I started tinkering with AnyDesk a couple days ago on my local network. I must say, I like it A LOT.

I am using the free version for now, but I am seriously considering purchasing the LITE version for € 60, or $68 in my USD currency. Has anyone else used/purchased it? I would sincerely love to get the Professional, but just cannot shell out that $200 right now.

I am waiting on an email from them as I asked that if I purchased the LITE, and the remote service takes off, could I upgrade to the Pro version for just the difference in cost. I like the your own brand feature. I also tried and liked the unattended feature and it worked nicely booting into safe mode with networking.

So what are your thoughts? Pros/Cons?

With as little remote servicing I do/will do, I think this little kit is all I would need.
How did you get it to reboot into safe mode unattended? I run msconfig in normal mode after installing anydesk with password on host then check boot in safe w/networking and anydesk does not start on reboot in safe mode? I can only start it manually.

Last edited:
How did you get it to reboot into safe mode unattended? I run msconfig in normal mode after installing anydesk with password on host then check boot in safe w/networking and anydesk does not start on reboot in safe mode? I can only start it manually.
That was easy.

In the Settings panel, click on the Unlock security panel... link.

This will pop up the Global Settings window. Under Unattended Access, check Enable Unattended Access. Enter a desired password. Your basically done. Note that the password you set must be on the computer your going to connect to.

I simply followed the instructions here:

http://support.anydesk.com/knowledgebase/articles/364400-accessing-other-computers

The way I had it boot into safe mode was remotely setting msconfig to boot into safe mode and selecting network. Rebooted the machine remotely - you'll lose connection - waiting a few minutes and logging in using the password.

The more I "play" with AnyDesk, the more I like it. I am going to go ahead and purchase the lite version, for a year. After that, decide if I want the pay and forget it.

agh, I've been trying to do that in a win 7 vmmachine but the service won't start in safe mode, heres my steps, am I missing something?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 25
agh, I've been trying to do that in a win 7 vmmachine but the service won't start in safe mode, heres my steps, am I missing something?
Thats the way I did it. Ive tried it on 4 other machines in the shop from Win 7 to Win 10 and it works fine for me.

I'm totally stumped. I tried connecting to two win 10 machines from my win 10 in safe mode w/networking and neither would start the anydesk service in safe mode after installing password. I disabled avast too. Anydesk displays in task manager as an enabled start up entry too. I even tried to manually start the service on the host and I get a message "the operation could not be completed, the service cannot be started in safe mode" but I can start it by manually launching the program from its exe in safe mode. What free version are you using? I'm using 2.3.0

As usual works fine in normal mode.:mad:

Last edited:
I bought the Lite version lifetime license and am very pleased with the program. Don't hold your breath waiting for Support to reply to your queries, though. It's not perfect but for the price, it's excellent. Use the TN Search function and you'll find lots to read about it.

Does Anydesk reconnect for you in safe mode Larry?

Does Anydesk reconnect for you in safe mode Larry?
I don't recall trying it. I'll do so and update this post.

Edit: Nope, couldn't get it to connect after resetting the client to reboot to SMwN. The AnyDesk service was running but not the process. When I checked the client PC, it was at the login screen.

Will experiment a bit more and let you know if I find a solution.

Edit 2: Tried everything with no joy. I can connect using Ammyy Admin without problem but not with AnyDesk.

Last edited:
Reactions: ell
I am using 2.2.1. However, I downloaded the current one, 2.3.0 and no, it didnt work. Either something they did between versions broke or they didnt include the coding to do so. HOWEVER, I was able to start it in safe mode automatically using the following in regedit.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Here you will find a String value with default value data: Shell = explorer.exe

Add AnyDesk here by editing its value data, so that after edit it will look like:

Shell = explorer.exe,C:\Program Files (x86)\AnyDesk\AnyDesk.exe

Or where ever you installed AnyDesk at. It worked for me then.

Edit: Ok, it worked once, now it wont work because Windows removes the key addition. Trying something new, Ill get back with results.

Edit 2: Well that didnt work either, at all. Was trying another reg location, SafeMode and it didnt work at all. Went back to my 2.2.1, at it works. This has me puzzled.

Last edited:
I've been using a reg file I merge, just thought I didn't need it any more.

Mind sharing your reg file? I am getting frustrated now as I cannot get Windows to keep the reg additions I add.

sure, here you go, rename it to .reg
Once I have made a password and anydesk installed on host I just copy and paste it over and merge. However McAfee blocks it so you have to find "Access protection" in its settings and uncheck it.

Attachments

• anydesk_safe.txt
    847 bytes · Views: 16
Thanks for that. I tried it and it didn't seem to work, so I checked using Ammyy, which I have running as a service. Ammyy immediately showed the login screen and when I switched to AnyDesk, it now connected and showed the same login screen. I repeated the test without trying Ammyy and it again didn't seem to work. However, after about a minute I tried again and it connected. Even connecting after booting to Normal mode I had to wait 55 seconds to connect. Wish I had tried the experiment without installing the registry patch, as the problem may just have been not waiting long enough. I'll remove the patch and try again.

Thanks for that. I tried it and it didn't seem to work, so I checked using Ammyy, which I have running as a service. Ammyy immediately showed the login screen and when I switched to AnyDesk, it now connected and showed the same login screen. I repeated the test without trying Ammyy and it again didn't seem to work. However, after about a minute I tried again and it connected. Even connecting after booting to Normal mode I had to wait 55 seconds to connect. Wish I had tried the experiment without installing the registry patch, as the problem may just have been not waiting long enough. I'll remove the patch and try again.

The Anydesk reg file works fine on my win7-win 10 machine tests, you must remote in first and install a password and the program as a service then merge the reg file. Did the merge get blocked in some way? I dumped Ammyy because I got tired of the embarrassment of it getting blocked by all the antivirus programs in front of my clients.

Put the reg file on a flash drive, walked over to a machine that has AnyDesk on it. Installed the reg file. Logged into the machine from my main machine using AnyDesk. Ran msconfig and set it to Safe Mode > Network. Hit restart. Waited about 2 minutes AFTER it booted - not on SSD so it took about 5 mins total. Hit connect on AnyDesk, did not connect. :(

:) :) :) Scratch that... it worked. Tried it on 3 other machines... success!! Note to self: it helps if you have patience and wait for the host machine to actually connect to the internet.

Someone give @ell an award......

Last edited:
Put the reg file on a flash drive, walked over to a machine that has AnyDesk on it. Installed the reg file. Logged into the machine from my main machine using AnyDesk. Ran msconfig and set it to Safe Mode > Network. Hit restart. Waited about 2 minutes AFTER it booted - not on SSD so it took about 5 mins total. Hit connect on AnyDesk, did not connect. :(
which windows? 7,8,10? Did you get a message that the merge was successful?

:) :) :) Scratch that... it worked. Tried it on 3 other machines... success!! Note to self: it helps if you have patience and wait for the host machine to actually connect to the internet.

Someone give @ell an award......

After I merge I immediately delete it from their desktop (I usually just copy/paste it there when connected in normal mode. I could create another to remove the reg keys, but I don't think it matters to leave it.

The Anydesk reg file works fine on my win7-win 10 machine tests, you must remote in first and install a password and the program as a service then merge the reg file. Did the merge get blocked in some way? I dumped Ammyy because I got tired of the embarrassment of it getting blocked by all the antivirus programs in front of my clients.
I have AnyDesk installed with a password on my main PC, where I merged the reg file wiithout drama. I then used another PC to connect to the main PC, used msconfig to set to reboot in SMWN, rebooted, then tried to access using AnyDesk. Like @Your PCMD, I just had to be patient; it connected fine but took longer that it did if I used Ammyy instead. I like to set up Ammyy as an alternate when I install AnyDesk, and set it as an exception in the A-V if I'm connected remotely using AnyDesk.

Props for the reg file!

Back