Anyone have a good remote to mobile solution

paulsiu

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good way to remote to an android cellphone that allow you to control the phone from a PC? Products I have looked at:

Teamviewer - works pretty well, but the minimum is $60 per months for 1 users. This is a bit too much for infrequent use to help out a relative. The product is allow for personal use. However, they recently cited the account for commerical use and when I sent an email, they said they can't tell that I am not using it commercially so they won't restore access. They only support certain phones.

AnyDesk - Works if you are using Android 7 or later, but has limitations. For one thing, the product has different behavior for different phones. It works pretty well when tested against a google 3axl, but has keyboard issues with ZTE Axon 7. In addition, android blocks screen copy of sensitive screens. As a result, financial apps and many other app will display a blank screen even if you set the application up as a device administrator app. Teamviewer does not have this limitation.

There is also a product call Awesun that I am looking into but it appears to use similar technology to Anydesk. So far I have only managed to get it to work as a screen mirroring.

Most of the other remote program like Chrome remote desktop, Splashtop, and nomachine do not work with mobile devices.

Paul

You mentioned non-commercial use of Teamviewer in your post on the other thread too:
I requested that they unblocked commerical use, but was told that they can't tell if I am using the product commerically. I was using it to help my mom so there is definitely not commerical
Just to let you know, Technibble forums are for professional technicians serving paying customers - therefore your question would be more suited to any of the other forums out there which offer free support.
@Kraken

Back