Acronis True Image Universal Restore Problem

allanc

Reaction score
After having spent about 12 hours on this problem - I am not even sure I am on the correct track anymore.
However, I think that I need a specific driver that I can copy to a USB stick without installing first.
I am trying to restore a XP PRO sp3 32-bit Acronis Home 2010 image using Universal Restore and create a dual-boot configuration on a Dell OptiPlex 780 with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installed.
I am using the instructions from here http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8057-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html and here http://www.acronis.com/r/support/en/kb/502/aur_restore.html.

According to Look-In-My-PC what I need is:
Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/5 Series/3400 Series SATA RAID Controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_04201028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&FA

I have downloaded all the drivers from the Dell WEB site for XP PRO and I add them to the driver list of Acronis Universal Restore.
As I add these directories ... Acronis displays 'no items found'.
At the end of the restore Acronis displays the following error
'Device Driver PCI \ven_8086&dev_2822&subsys_04201028&rev_02 for Microsoft Windows XP Professional cannot be found'.

When I try to boot the XP partition, a BSOD is displayed in Windows and SAFE mode and the error is '0x0000007b (0xf78aa524, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000).

So, I have 2 questions:
1. where do I find this driver? I have tried Dell, double driver from the Windows 7 partition, double drive on my Dell Optiplex which is about 2 years old and running XP PRO sp3, etc.
2. If I find the software, how do I 'extract' the driver without actually running the installation package?

I apologize for providing so much detail but I am really burnt out from this and thought that too much detail was better than too little.

Thank you to all who respond.

0x0000007b
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE STOP error 0x7B means that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup. STOP code 0x0000007B may also display "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" on the same STOP message.

Have you run chkdsk
If that is OK goto motherboard makers website and download a sata raid driver boot disk boot from this disk and install let me no how you get on and let me no the motherboard maker see what imotherboard makers can fined

Give this a go you can download sat raid boot hear http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=dhs&c=us&l=en&cs=19&k=sata+raid+controller&cat=sup&ref=ac

Last edited:
0x0000007b
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE STOP error 0x7B means that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup. STOP code 0x0000007B may also display "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" on the same STOP message.

Have you run chkdsk
If that is OK goto motherboard makers website and download a sata raid driver boot disk boot from this disk and install let me no how you get on and let me no the motherboard maker see what imotherboard makers can fined

Give this a go you can download sat raid boot hear http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=dhs&c=us&l=en&cs=19&k=sata+raid+controller&cat=sup&ref=ac

I searched through Dell and could not find the correct drivers.
I even used my service tag and selected the drivers for XP.
They did not work.

I also searched Intel.com with whatever information I could extract from various enumerators and whatever drivers I found did not work.

I finally went with a online chat with Intel.
Initially, they said that they did not support restoring an image to another computer and that I should format the hard drive with XP, etc.
When I refused, the rep 'magically' directed me to a URL (at Intel) that was not one I had found previously.
And ... the happy ending to this part of the problem is that these drivers were actually the right ones.

Roger That glad you got it sorted, was the link Intel gave you for a bootdisk with drivers on or just for drivers with self installing?

I have come across this and took me a while to find the latest Intel sata drivers, I still use driverpacks.net though which do a good job.

I just do an IPU/Repair install and add driver as needed. Then (since its an sp3 disk) I usually have to boot to safe mode with command prompt. Then run %windir%\ie8\spuninst\spuininst.exe for ie8 and then again for ie7 and then reboot, activate and tune up and install drivers and then done

Back