Windows 10 home upgrade to pro got Enterprise instead

johnrobert

Reaction score
I used a serial number from a Windows 7 pro computer for the upgrade.

A little history past few weeks I upgraded 15 computers from home to pro 7 of them went to Enterprise not activated I bought them from MS store so it was easy to call MS and they fixed it, this time I used a win 7 pro serials that they had in the backroom to upgrade 2 laptops one went to Pro the other went to Enterprise I know it's not the fault of the serials it MS screw up because I did not buy from store and used existing serial I can't call them if it was my computer it would be easy
do a clean install, but this is an accounting computer with lots of apps
is there any way I can uninstall Enterprise and go back to Home

During the past 2 weeks, I had to enter multiple credit card info to pay for the upgrade I had to enter the detail as many as 30 times on each laptop before it would accept payment all credit cards were in good standing
So I tried multiple times using one card then tried another so basically doing this killed a whole week of my time just to do a simple job
and drove me around the bend this is why I tried using a win 7 pro serial

@Porthos,

Interesting. I knew that Windows 10 Home installations have all the parts for Pro already present and sitting fallow and those can be activated via the same basic technique. I was never certain whether Enterprise or Educational had the ability to downgrade to Pro (or, potentially, Home) but it appears that at least Enterprise definitely does.

Thanks for the help.

There today went to screen were you change key it was not there only activate chose that there was an option to put the new key in used the same Win 7 pro key again, it took a few minutes
10 Pro activated on the main screen.
so that was a relief for doing such a stupid thing

I still don't know why they went to Enterprise they buy Office O365 with some type of corporate licensing or because every key is tied to a specific product and there are millions of keys, a miss-match occurs, Just glad I don't have to do a reinstall they can't do without there computers for 5 mins.
I was going to put it off until Monday decided to try today glad I did as I would be uneasy all weekend never thought it would be so easy
as re-entering the key, Knowledge is power.

Should have remembered to Google the error message would have given me a clue
it was a permission problem

Attachments

• IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 8
Back