What Social Networking Services do you still value?

AtlCPU

Reaction score
I ask because I have really only seen true business from Facebook, however lately the quality responses have definitely fell off.

I do see the need for a strong Social Networking presence but have only seen business from the one mentioned above. I am curious which services you currently see actual business from? We all know all of them take time to build up, so which do you value enough to put time into?

As always I look forward to your response. Thank You!

I don’t find any value in promoting my business via any social media. It has not helped me ever. I do USE Facebook for the various groups I am members of for tech support, much like this forum. I follow Twitter for breaking news from politics, sports, and tech. LinkedIn is worthless. I don’t do Instagram, Tik-Tok, or snapchat.

I have found that LinkedIn is the best for me, clients use the search engine to find me. I'm also a niche service.

I had a FB page, had a lot of followers, killed it off a few years ago due to lack of responses. I don't like focusing on things that don't work.

Oddly, I got a new client who googled Rackspace, found a link on Down Dectector, which lead them to my Twitter where I posted about the outage.

I ask because I have really only seen true business from Facebook, however lately the quality responses have definitely fell off.

I do see the need for a strong Social Networking presence but have only seen business from the one mentioned above. I am curious which services you currently see actual business from? We all know all of them take time to build up, so which do you value enough to put time into?

As always I look forward to your response. Thank You!
Personally for business, I use LinkedIn.

The only benefit I think social media can bring us is brand awareness. Any contacts by potential clients will come from Google, but often it will be because of them recognizing the brand and choosing to click on our listing simply because they already know our name.

In the days of Yellow pages I used to have an add that cost me about $100/mth. and it worked well. But those days are gone replaced by Google searches. So Instead I choose to spend $100.mth on Facebook ads as part of a multi year strategy simple to build brand recognition. I never expect to get a call from anyone saying the saw my ad on Facebook.

Just my 2 cents :)

Kerry

I've gotten business directly from LinkedIn. Twitter's fast so I used that as well. Most of my posts and my clients' are automated on topic monetized news from a program I wrote and a service I pay for. Still maintains a presence and gets clicks and calls.

Rick

The only benefit I think social media can bring us is brand awareness. Any contacts by potential clients will come from Google, but often it will be because of them recognizing the brand and choosing to click on our listing simply because they already know our name.

In the days of Yellow pages I used to have an add that cost me about $100/mth. and it worked well. But those days are gone replaced by Google searches. So Instead I choose to spend $100.mth on Facebook ads as part of a multi year strategy simple to build brand recognition. I never expect to get a call from anyone saying the saw my ad on Facebook.

Just my 2 cents :)

Kerry
Okay so if Google replaced Yellow Pages why aren't you using Google Ads?

Just a note too I have heard as a comment from many people when a business doesn't have a website and instead works off Facebook they wish there was a website to go to as FB does a terrible job of displaying important information unless the owner of the account has designed around FB mechanisms.

What social medias work best are going to depend on the type of clients you target and the preferences of people in your area.

Just a note too I have heard as a comment from many people when a business doesn't have a website and instead works off Facebook they wish there was a website to go to as FB does a terrible job of displaying important information unless the owner of the account has designed around FB mechanisms.

What social medias work best are going to depend on the type of clients you target and the preferences of people in your area.
Using FB as a landing page instead of having your own domain and website is a disaster waiting to happen. If someone sneezes wrong at Facebook your account could be suspended. Not that I hate Facebook or anything. Oh wait, I do.

I don't think social media is that powerful for my business. I have a Facebook and Instagram account which I like to mention in order to increase my visibility but I don't invest much in them. However, I am wondering if TikTok is worth the hype.

I don't think social media is that powerful for my business. I have a Facebook and Instagram account which I like to mention in order to increase my visibility but I don't invest much in them. However, I am wondering if TikTok is worth the hype.

Check your demographics. Especially age. Probably easiest just to ask Bard about TickTok demographics.

Rick

Unless you plan on doing stupid "Challenges" like "Awesome MACHACK!" - working removing a new Mac Display Panel, with only a candle..sure go ahead

Back