Toshiba Satillite Random Bios Password

weseal

Reaction score
I had a customer bring in hierToshiba Satillite M105-S3064 and told me that out of no where they tried to boot the notebook and it requires a bios password.

I cant boot from cd by hitting F12 because it will automatically go to the bios password. It does have a finger print scanner but if it fails (never been setup) it goes to the bios password.

I did research that a bios update may fix it but i cant get it to boot to cd.

Any suggestions? I really could use some help.

Pop out the battery then pop out the CMOS battery give it a few then pop it back in and all BIOS settings are reset to default. Just a side note someone who claims something suddenly got a password I would be suspicous of becuase we all know thats a lie.

I know this person and the laptop for years....its hers. If it were someone i didn't know i would be very suspicious. The cmos battery is soldered on the board. I figured it out. Under the ram slot the is a push sensor that resets the cmos. it was pure luck that i found it but i did and its good to go.

On Toshiba's site it does mention about random bios passwords on some satillete laptops FYI. Its a bio issue.

Toshiba M105-S3064

I have the same problem. My computer locked up last night so I had to power off, then when I turned it back on it requested a bios password. Where is the reset CMOS switch Ram slot - is it accessible from the outside/don't want to have to open up the computer. I can assure you I own this laptop (paid over $1,200 in July 2006). I never set up my fingerprint access. I have called Toshiba and their help has been outsourced to the Philippines...over an hour on the cell and they claim it is only a problem on the Satellite A models...

Back