TeamViewer Login - Windows Login issue

katz

Reaction score
I must be missing a setting someplace;

I can't seem to get TeamViewer configured so that if I remote reboot a pc with a login password - I can't get past that screen. I always have to ring up the client, get them to enter their password, and then I get the prompt that "your partner is available, do you want to connect..."

I've looked through the settings, I guess I am missing it...

You Teamviewer experts, how do you address this issue?

Im running version 9 and when your connected to the client pull up their main TV window and click on connections and then "Setup unattended Access "

There is no way to bypass Windows Authentication. If you need to remote in you need to have the password just as if you were in front of the machine. This is by design so as to not be a backdoor into the system.

Also if you remote boot the machine are you doing so via windows start menu or via the Teamviewer menu? If you reboot via teamviewer it will reconnect on reboot at the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen.

Im running version 9 and when your connected to the client pull up their main TV window and click on connections and then "Setup unattended Access "

Correct. I have it setup for Unattended Access which allows me to get to login screen after Remote Boot but it does not bypass if user has a password.

Thanks guys, that answers that question. Kinda defeats the purpose of remote reboot then... I suppose one could temporarily remove the password/login screen as Corey suggested, then put it back after repairs are completed.

Andy,

I do have it setup like that video. I am referring to when you do a remote reboot on a system that comes up to a Windows Logon/password screen. It won't boot past that point or give access until booted to the desktop.

Back