Bitlocker stopping windows password reset

So, did you re-enable device encryption afterward? I certainly wouldn't have, particularly with a local-only Windows account. Just curious.

Yeah they are supposed to have it encrypted since it's used for some financial login websites etc. Part of a state audit thing so if it's not encrypted they supposedly could get in trouble for it. So yeah re-enabled it and got new key saved to a external drive, a usb drive, and a printed copy or 2 for them...so hopefully between all that it's there. I also saved a copy on the invoice just in case lol.

Is there a way to use that -disable command io
If it's got a boot pin, you'll have to do something like this too: manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
I cannot boot from the ssd in the original system for some reason? So how would one do it from an external I tried though stated
"ERROR: The operation cannot be performed because the volume is locked."

Is there a way to use that -disable command io

I cannot boot from the ssd in the original system for some reason? So how would one do it from an external I tried though stated
"ERROR: The operation cannot be performed because the volume is locked."

manage-bde –unlock X: -RecoveryPassword XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX.

You have to unlock it first.

No Recovery Key as users MSA account is blocked and does not know password, so I think he is SOL as I told him - not in those terms though.

Back