[SOLVED] Stuck on latest update KB4056891

ell

Reaction score
Looking for any other ideas here, I've tried 3 times to install the patch, used the stand alone installer, WSUS, ran sfc, windows update troubleshooter, I'm stumped. It just keeps rolling back when I try to install it.Untitled.png

What he said.
wellll.... I thought I'd try that, (I have a ssd (C) with windows on it and a separate (D) data drive) I ran the installer and I got an error code 0xc1900204, then tried it again and I could not select "keep my files" there was this message: your files and apps can't be kept because your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported directory or you're trying to install an older version of windows :mad:

wellll.... I thought I'd try that, (I have a ssd (C) with windows on it and a separate (D) data drive) I ran the installer and I got an error code 0xc1900204, then tried it again and I could not select "keep my files" there was this message: your files and apps can't be kept because your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported directory or you're trying to install an older version of windows :mad:

Just gotta love M@cr0$h@ft..... LOL!!!!

I got it solved, back when I installed my ssd I edited the ProgramFilesDir reg key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion to D:\Program Files switched it back to C:\Program Files, then KB4056891 installed. :rolleyes:

Right!! Sometimes I swear I'm my own worst enemy
That is ok to be your own worst enemy but dont become your customers.:rolleyes:
Also beware of tht patchcleaner you mentiond in the other topic.
I plan to delete them after a bit once I know I don't need them. http://www.homedev.com.au/free/patchcleaner
That bit could take months to realise it caused an issue and by then you will not have remembered you deleted it and wont even know that is the cause of that current issue, Kinda like chasing your own tail and ending up nuking the system to fix. :confused::(

That is ok to be your own worst enemy but dont become your customers.:rolleyes:
Also beware of tht patchcleaner you mentiond in the other topic.

That bit could take months to realise it caused an issue and by then you will not have remembered you deleted it and wont even know that is the cause of that current issue, Kinda like chasing your own tail and ending up nuking the system to fix. :confused::(
LOL, kinda like changing C to D, I'm in no hurry to delete them, I have plenty of space on my data drive, the reviews seemed positive, time will tell, but I went from 7 gb free to 48 gb free, kind of a necessity, I did run disk clean up, etc. too.

Back