Netintelligence removal?

tlaybourn

Reaction score
A customer has asked me to remove "Netintelligence" internet security software from his PC.
This software is a kind of a Net Nanny type of web site blocking software for families.

The customer gave me an uninstall password, provided by the original supplier [Misco] (the uninstaller requires this) but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Before I ring the £1/minute Misco support line does anyone know of a reliable brute-force method?

I have hunted on Google for a solution but I see mainly noise on the subject.

Thanks,
Tim

You could try Revo Uninstaller. Just continue as if the builtin installer had worked and it should remove everything. Make sure you use System Restore first, preferably create an image.

Saw this on the web:

type in address box :
info.netintelligence.com/remove
click save
click run
then follow instructions,no password needed,restart it and no more big bro watching lol

Maybe worth a shot?

And yes! Create a Restore Point first.

Thanks for the suggestions.

info.netintelligence.com/remove gives a 404 not found.

I will clone the disc and try Revo. Although some of the "noise" on the internet suggests this will not work.

Thanks!
Tim

I have had this same problem in, i used revo to uninstall but it left an entry that needed to be removed with lspfix, im sure a google search for "netintelligence lspfix" will show you what entry to remove.

Solution

OK here is what I did.

First of all the OS is Windows 7 SP1

Tried the autoruns method: http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Netintelligence-Without-a-Password
but the system reboots itself after a minute and the entries are restored.

This method worked:
1. I ran Revo in moderate mode to remove and rebooted.
2. At this point all web access was blocked.
3. Used LSPFIX (http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm) to remove NIHLP.DLL
4. At this point the system continually reboots itself after the login screen is seen
5. Went into safe mode, ran services.msc and disabled "Netintelligence Home Edition Client" and "Service Monitor"

Finally I would like to add this link which I didn't try but looks more authoritative and explains this software for non-UK readers:
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/windows/4112462-removing-netintelligence-software.html
See third post from nemeth782.

This is an old thread but NI still crops up occasionally when and older pc is restored to factory settings :(
It is easy to remove and clean up :)

I like to use CCleaner but msconfig will do the job, no safe mode required with either :)
First kill the two services and run LSP-Fix to deal with NIHLP.DLL,
Restart and kill the NI entery under start up and delete the NI folder in Program Files.
Set the browser home page to that required and you have working internet :)

CCleaner will give the 2 service file locations in the log file, delete them.
For a full clean up all netintelligence enterys can be removed from the registery including the non openable folders (parent company name) that some enterys are a sub folder of.

Back