My opinions on screenconnect, please share yours.

I can, ideally they should fix what they got before moving forward...well..least the ones that are easy to duplicate I have some serious trouble trying to duplicate some of the very minor issues.

One thing clients (ones that are new to screenconnect) have a lot of trouble with is when they go to connect to a session in google chrome.

They click the join session and they see the spinning ajax symbol saying joining session or whatever it says and they sit there looking at it thinking something is happening when in actuality the download is sitting ready on the bottom left of their screen. These clients have launched my quicksupport before so they are familiar with chrome downloading to the bottom left its just the spinning thing saying its joining throws them off. Sometimes they even click the alternate methods trying to get it running and I end up connecting in the java client which I don't care for as much. I put a suggestion on the forum about it....I cant remember which one it was but one of those support sites that loaded from the internet had big arrows pointing the customer to the download on the bottom left hehe that would be ideal.

Elsinore is fixing these screenconnect issues at an impressive speed. Honestly didn't expect the fixes to come so quickly. Jake estimates 4.0 out in about a month.

After reading this post I took a closer look at ScreenConnect. I am using GFI max and really like the built-in Teamviewer option, but ScreenConnect has some attractive licensing options for the price.

The only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger is the lack of VOIP in the meeting console.

So I've been using Screenconnect for 2 months now and I'm very impressed. It's an incredibly polished product for the money and development and the community is really active.

I was using free ChunkVNC but that was unreliable and has no OSX or Linux support. After using ScreenConnect I regret not switching earlier, especially considering all the time wasted. For anyone thinking about it, try the free demo.

My MSP customers are covered for remote support, but I have residential and business clients with block use remote support packages and ScreenConnect is brilliant for that. One time remote support is really easy too and I haven't had many problems with AV.

The only thing that annoys me is that licenses are per-session, so if I want to have 3 sessions open on my desktop at the same time I need 3 licenses. Given the pricing though I'm not sure this is a valid complaint.

Remember your ACRBO discount too

its not a polished product, its a product with massive potential but still needs fixes.

Right now the thing thats pissing me off the most is when the screenconnect service times out on startup. This has happened on 5 different machines so far. Its just the basic service time out...this one:

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the ScreenConnect Client (2f9e394bc3a29fb9) service to connect.

The ScreenConnect Client (2f9e394bc3a29fb9) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I haven't had the problem yet but I only have 16 installs so far.

its not a polished product, its a product with massive potential but still needs fixes.

Right now the thing thats pissing me off the most is when the screenconnect service times out on startup. This has happened on 5 different machines so far. Its just the basic service time out...this one:

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the ScreenConnect Client (2f9e394bc3a29fb9) service to connect.

The ScreenConnect Client (2f9e394bc3a29fb9) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Not sure about your issue but we've been using ScreenConnect for almost two years now and it's been great.
The only issues we've had have been with the iOS app and there still seem to be a few ongoing issues with that but we don't use it much.
We recently just paid for an upgrade/extra license so we could get the latest version and have another session.
We currently have 65 machines with unattended installs and never have any issues with the services on them.
We're hosting SC on our SBS2008 box which is on a 100/50 fibre internet connection.

Not sure about your issue but we've been using ScreenConnect for almost two years now and it's been great.
The only issues we've had have been with the iOS app and there still seem to be a few ongoing issues with that but we don't use it much.
We recently just paid for an upgrade/extra license so we could get the latest version and have another session.
We currently have 65 machines with unattended installs and never have any issues with the services on them.
We're hosting SC on our SBS2008 box which is on a 100/50 fibre internet connection.

Since you said youve been using it for 2 years and I found all those issues with version 3 in a matter of days of starting the trial (see first post of thread) how can the only issue youve had be with the iOS app? Granted version 4 is much better but it still needs fixes.

The service timeout is the generic windows service timeout. The slower the computer the more likely it is to happen. Has nothing to do with the server.

Since you said youve been using it for 2 years and I found all those issues with version 3 in a matter of days of starting the trial (see first post of thread) how can the only issue youve had be with the iOS app? Granted version 4 is much better but it still needs fixes.

The service timeout is the generic windows service timeout. The slower the computer the more likely it is to happen. Has nothing to do with the server.

OK just read through you cons in the first post.

1. Mouse movement capture is the same for when you have a virtual machine window open or remote desktop so I don't see this as an issue.

2. Don't use the recording function so can't comment

3. Don't use the notes so not an issue for us

4. Never had this issue

5. This is not an actual problem with the software itself

6. Don't use the chat often and don't care about time stamps so again not an issue for us

7. It would be nice to have all files signed

8. As I said before we've never seen this issue

9. Never had this issue

Mouse movement capture isnt the same until the fix in screenconnect version 4...you cant manipulate a VM (well least not a vmware vm) or RDP that doesnt have focus. No focus means no mouse movement which is the standard.

Back