[TIP] Mac OS Tools/Sotware

overburnz

Reaction score
So i've seen here a thread with various types of software for Windows computers and nothing for Mac OS, so i've decided to start one and hope you like it and contribute:

Screen-Shot-2012-08-24-at-3.13.59-PM-300x330.png

Diagnostics

TechTool Pro --> Various types of hardware tests.
Disk Warrior --> Good to remake partitions and correct the Mac OS when it's slow or just doesn´t enter the system
Disk Doctor --> optimizing your disk and freeing space, great for the 128GB SSD
Rember --> Memory testing, can be used in external OS as well as the user's OS.

Cloning

Carbon Copy Cloner --> Great software for cloning Mac OS partitions and it has a cool feature that continues the clone without starting over, even if an error occurs during the cloning stage.

Boot Tools

DiskMaker X --> Great tool to create bootable Mac OS USB install

Recovery

Data Recovery --> one of the best recovery software
Disk Drill --> another good recovery option
Easus Data Recovery for Mac --> another good recovery option

Benchmark

Heaven --> Great tool to test the hell out of your GPU (great tool to test those nasty 2011 models!

Network

Network Scanner --> Tool to see your whats going on in your network

Misc

Mactracker --> great tool to see the specs of every Apple Product

Disc Management

Disk Doctor --> disk space management tool
Space Gremlin --> Disc space optimizer/cleaner
Onyx --> multifunction utility to organize and optimize you hard drive
Grand Perspectiv --> another disk management tool
Drive Genius --> a more complete disk management tool
DriveDx --> drive health diagnostic tool

So for now this is all i can remmenber, but feel free to add any suggestions :D

Last edited:
I admit. I don't have Apple expertise. I see maybe one or two a year as most just can't justify the price and obscurity. The last Mac that came in was used only to run Parallels so they could run Windows 7 to run their farm software and Win7 was locked up inside Parallels. Sigh......

Too many schools start kids down Apple Lane and then they hit the real world and are lost.

I admit. I don't have Apple expertise. I see maybe one or two a year as most just can't justify the price and obscurity. The last Mac that came in was used only to run Parallels so they could run Windows 7 to run their farm software and Win7 was locked up inside Parallels. Sigh......

Too many schools start kids down Apple Lane and then they hit the real world and are lost.

Lost how?

Lost how?

Since business is primarily Windows based some struggle with file/folder/network navigation. Right click options seem to take forever to learn for some Mac users. Basic Windows settings (Control Panel) that most users take for granted have to be relearned. Most companies don't like to have to retrain at that level. If a person isn't PC fluent it hurts in a job interview.

Since business is primarily Windows based some struggle with file/folder/network navigation. Right click options seem to take forever to learn for some Mac users. Basic Windows settings (Control Panel) that most users take for granted have to be relearned. Most companies don't like to have to retrain at that level. If a person isn't PC fluent it hurts in a job interview.

I agree with you at some level, but depending on the job some of them require you to know how to use a Mac OS environment, mainly webdesign

Hog wash. I can design a website on a freaking Android phone. Having a Mac is NOT a necessity when designing a website.

you can design websites in windows 95 if you like... i said what i experience, but again, its a matter of where you feel confortable, being windows/mac os/linux it really doesn't matter...

This thread was created to share knowledge not to start a "fanboy" flaming thread...

Basic Windows settings (Control Panel) that most users take for granted have to be relearned.
Until Microsoft goes full retard and moves everything to an obscure settings panel. Which changes from version to version.

MacOS Terminal is a god send though. Keka if you want a better file compressing/decompressing (including being able to work with .rar and .7z files).

This thread was created to share knowledge not to start a "fanboy" flaming thread...
No one started a fanboy flame. I have no clue as to what the base is for you nor anyone else when it comes to what OS environment yours or anyone else's clients use. I know where I am, no business uses Apple. And that is due to cost.

Shifting focus to your OP. I do appreciate the list. I'll add:

Recovery

Disk Drill
EaseUS Data Recovery

Back