[REQUEST] LCD Vendor

ell

Reaction score
Hi! So I got a request for a replacement lcd for a Samsung book pro 360 NP950QDB-KB3US and it looks like all I'm finding is display assemblies for around $500. I usually get my lcds from amazon because of the easy returns, (I can drop right at my neighborhood Kohls) and free in most cases. Who do you like to buy your LCDs from in the USA?

We have used laptopscreen.com for years now - they are fast-ship, easy to deal with, and we don't get questioned if they ship us a bad one.

However, we had an experience recently where we were replacing a touch screen, and the unit we bought produced an image just fine, but the touchscreen wouldn't work. They replaced it ok, but said "that model has about a 50% failure rate on the touchscreen working or not out of the box - so we'll only replace it once". Incredibly, the replacement they sent us was damaged in shipping - they replaced it again, but in the end we still didn't get a working touch screen. The part number was correct so I know they didn't ship us a non-touch unit. Of course, the customer said "I use that all the time!". Frustrating. Not to mention having to disassemble any laptop top plate more than once is a risk. Damn brittle plastic & glued on wifi antennas, etc. We didn't make any money on that one for sure, and although the customer accepted our explanation, they weren't exactly satisfied.

Reactions: ell
Curious i couldn't find any guides on replacing just the lcd only the entire display assembly, she balked when I told her the prices for them.
I'd venture a guess that the OEM only supports whole display assembly replacement. Have you tried to see if the plastic pieces, like the back, are available separately?

We have used laptopscreen.com for years now - they are fast-ship, easy to deal with, and we don't get questioned if they ship us a bad one.

However, we had an experience recently where we were replacing a touch screen, and the unit we bought produced an image just fine, but the touchscreen wouldn't work. They replaced it ok, but said "that model has about a 50% failure rate on the touchscreen working or not out of the box - so we'll only replace it once". Incredibly, the replacement they sent us was damaged in shipping - they replaced it again, but in the end we still didn't get a working touch screen. The part number was correct so I know they didn't ship us a non-touch unit. Of course, the customer said "I use that all the time!". Frustrating. Not to mention having to disassemble any laptop top plate more than once is a risk. Damn brittle plastic & glued on wifi antennas, etc. We didn't make any money on that one for sure, and although the customer accepted our explanation, they weren't exactly satisfied.
Thanks, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

I'd venture a guess that the OEM only supports whole display assembly replacement. Have you tried to see if the plastic pieces, like the back, are available separately?
I googled like crazy, its so new not much info out there, and I'm not a fan of putting out $400 for a screen assembly from vendors I'm not famillar with. One thing I did find was lots of complaints that the screen is too fragile and mysteriously cracks, Samsung has recieved lots of complaints for it. I declined the job and suggested she go directly to samsung.

I've been using laptopscreen.com for a couple years now, myself. I order from the one in Vegas and it arrives the next day. I've never had an issue with a non-working unit.

Back