Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro - a must have tool for techs

It looks like all of this is not really on the drive but on only on one drive instead.
I thought since the file sizes reported seemed appropriate that it would be the actual files and not just a link?

First thing I did was try to sign in to their OneDrive online, but of course they have no idea what it is and of the several accounts I was able to get in to I couldn't find files that matched.

They look like files but in fact, they are just links. Source user profile must be a Microsoft account. There is a way to at least get the login. For that, generate an installed software list when backing up user’s data. Then, look in the backup. There must be a InstalledSoftwareList folder under user’s backup. The Microsoft account email address will be at the bottom of the html page where default browser and email clients are specified. The email address is between parentheses. I hope that will help

Thanks, found the matching email per your instructions. Very helpful.

OneDrive and Microsoft Accounts generating pain once again.

Password for the current site is not same as for the archived site? I just reset my password for the current site because the password in BitWarden was not accepted. Couldn't find my purchase in current store and realized that it was before 2022 so tried the Archive store as suggested on the site. I guess there's no easy way for you to synchronize passwords between stores?

I thought I'd ask before resetting it in the Archive site and possibly screwing it up on the current site.

Edit: never mind. I just reset the password for the archive site to match that in the current site. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I am trying to run updates, I click the Update and then it goes to a clear box?

I'm not Fabs, but I have run into issues once or twice with the built-in update function. When thats the case, I've always just downloaded the latest version directly from the store, following these instructions that come in the update notices:
----
If you want to download full package from your store account :

Click here if you ordered on May 1st 2022 or after

or

Here if you ordered before May 1st 2022

Just in case: here is the full download procedure
----

I've always had success just fetching the installer this way when update wants to be cranky.

In recent months the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) transfer is failing. I suspect there's been a change to Edge or Windows 11 and now there's a background process keeping the Edge settings files open. Maybe Fabs isn't detecting the Edge background process, so not prompting to force end of the process. Also why does Fabs report a warning that "Copied file's size does not match with original file" when a copy fails, why not report that the file couldn't be opened or an error code?

Here's a section of the log showing warnings during Edge processing:

5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Processing : Microsoft Edge Chromium browser profile ("G:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data")
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Could not remove existing file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\first_party_sets.db" (48 KB) 5/2/2024 9:08:43 AM
5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Overwriting file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\first_party_sets.db"
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Could not remove existing file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\first_party_sets.db" (48 KB) 5/2/2024 9:08:43 AM
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Copied file's date does not match with the original file
[WARNING] "G:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\first_party_sets.db" (5/2/2024 8:00:37 AM)
[WARNING] "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\first_party_sets.db" (5/2/2024 9:08:43 AM)
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Copied file's size does not match with original file:
[WARNING] "G:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\first_party_sets.db" (102400 bytes)
[WARNING] "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\first_party_sets.db" (49152 bytes)
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Could not remove existing file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Favicons" (24 KB) 4/23/2024 11:41:13 AM
5/2/2024 9:20:08 AM : Owner => User : Overwriting file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Favicons"
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Could not remove existing file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Favicons" (24 KB) 4/23/2024 11:41:13 AM
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Copied file's date does not match with the original file
[WARNING] "G:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Favicons" (4/29/2024 5:58:05 PM)
[WARNING] "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Favicons" (4/23/2024 11:41:13 AM)
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Copied file's size does not match with original file:
[WARNING] "G:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Favicons" (20480 bytes)
[WARNING] "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Favicons" (24576 bytes)
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Could not remove existing file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\History" (192 KB) 4/23/2024 11:41:42 AM
5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Overwriting file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\History"
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Could not remove existing file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\History" (192 KB) 4/23/2024 11:41:42 AM
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Copied file's date does not match with the original file
[WARNING] "G:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\History" (5/2/2024 8:00:09 AM)
[WARNING] "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\History" (4/23/2024 11:41:42 AM)
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Copied file's size does not match with original file:
[WARNING] "G:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\History" (176128 bytes)
[WARNING] "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\History" (196608 bytes)
[WARNING] 5/2/2024 9:20:09 AM : Owner => User : Could not remove existing file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\HubApps Icons" (44 KB) 4/23/2024 11:40:53 AM

In recent months the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) transfer is failing. I suspect there's been a change to Edge or Windows 11 and now there's a background process keeping the Edge settings files open. Maybe Fabs isn't detecting the Edge background process, so not prompting to force end of the process. Also why does Fabs report a warning that "Copied file's size does not match with original file" when a copy fails, why not report that the file couldn't be opened or an error code?
I am starting investigations about this right now in order to fix that ASAP.
Edit: that's right, it appears that there is no process checking in transfer mode.
Edit 2: all right, the process check is now (explicitly) enabled also for transfer mode. Next time, there will be a stop if it sees Edge (and others) running even in background. I am planing to release a new version very soon (it's been a while).

Last edited:
Hello,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office 7.13.3.6463 have just been released.

Here is the change log for both versions:

Fixed:
- Some unnecessary sub folders are nows excluded from Firefox profiles backup and transfers.
- Pro only: Hooked drives software and system registy files are now copied to a temporary folder instead of reading them from their original location so they would not get altered in any way.
- Pro only: There was no existing running processes check in transfer mode. This could lead to copy errors againts locked files.
- Fixed some typos in English language translation file.

Grab it from your orders history's details on the shop's website at https://archive.fpnet.fr/account.php (ordered before May 1st 2022) or https://store.fpnet.fr/en/order-history for newer orders. You can also use the bundled updater tool (click the "Download Fab's AutoBackup 7.X" link within the program and get the updated files).

Hello,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office 7.13.3.6463 have just been released.

Here is the change log for both versions:

Fixed:
- Some unnecessary sub folders are nows excluded from Firefox profiles backup and transfers.
- Pro only: Hooked drives software and system registy files are now copied to a temporary folder instead of reading them from their original location so they would not get altered in any way.
- Pro only: There was no existing running processes check in transfer mode. This could lead to copy errors againts locked files.
- Fixed some typos in English language translation file.

Grab it from your orders history's details on the shop's website at https://archive.fpnet.fr/account.php (ordered before May 1st 2022) or https://store.fpnet.fr/en/order-history for newer orders. You can also use the bundled updater tool (click the "Download Fab's AutoBackup 7.X" link within the program and get the updated files).
The following pops-up when I try to update

Attachments

• Get_Fabs.jpg
    Get_Fabs.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
  • fabs_update.jpg
    fabs_update.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 4
The following pops-up when I try to update
Yeah the update completely failed a few days back for me as well. I thought maybe my license had expired but no. I ended up just redownloading the program from scratch and transferring over the config file. Hopefully it won't happen again the next time I go to update.

That should be fine next time.
Any update on showing the time remaining on our license from within the program? I think you said you were considering doing this. It would be really helpful to know when my license is expiring without having to log into the website every time, or finding out that my license is expired because it won't update anymore.

Any update on showing the time remaining on our license from within the program? I think you said you were considering doing this. It would be really helpful to know when my license is expiring without having to log into the website every time, or finding out that my license is expired because it won't update anymore.
That's almost what I have done. Actually, it tells if license is expired but not remaining time. I'll add this information then

That's almost what I have done. Actually, it tells if license is expired but not remaining time. I'll add this information then
That would be great! Not having this information is like having a battery indicator that doesn't show the percentage and only tells you when it's completely dead. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement but maybe you could also have a notification in the corner that shows a warning when there are 30 days or less left on the license (with an option of "don't notify me again" of course for customers who don't intend to update their license when it expires). Not only would that be helpful for your customers, but it might encourage them to renew before their license completely expires, making sure you don't lose customers and that they don't accidentally allow their license to expire. Just a thought. I once accidentally let my license lapse for 6 months before I realized that I wasn't getting updates.

That would be great! Not having this information is like having a battery indicator that doesn't show the percentage and only tells you when it's completely dead. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement but maybe you could also have a notification in the corner that shows a warning when there are 30 days or less left on the license (with an option of "don't notify me again" of course for customers who don't intend to update their license when it expires). Not only would that be helpful for your customers, but it might encourage them to renew before their license completely expires, making sure you don't lose customers and that they don't accidentally allow their license to expire. Just a thought. I once accidentally let my license lapse for 6 months before I realized that I wasn't getting updates.
I'll try to do that soon

Back