Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro - a must have tool for techs

But remember, subscription does not necessarily mean, "will stop working."

I personally have no issue with an auto-renew/auto-get-next-updated version model for those who want it. It is a form of subscription, but it's not in the same class as, say, an M365 subscription, where the world comes to an end if you don't keep renewing.

I consider "get the latest version because I want it" type subscriptions to be a class of their own, and they are a convenience class. Those who wish to manually renew are still entirely free to do so.

Yes, something like "Updates expired. Click here to order a new license" instead of "check for updates" on the main window could do the trick.
Sounds good, but couldn't that sometimes result in a hang like the previous automatic update check that you removed?

Sounds good, but couldn't that sometimes result in a hang like the previous automatic update check that you removed?
Not if I put the order date and license duration in the autobackup.ini file at activation. Then it will compare current date will the one in the file and display the message if expired.

I have successfully managed to show such a message in the program if updates are expired. It will show "Updates have expired. Click here to order a new license" instead of the "check for updates" link.
Depending on which version is running and license duration, on click, it will open a web browser straight on the right product page so that will be easier to place a new order.
If original product activation could be performed online straight from within Fab's, there are 2 variables stored under the [ORDER-AUTOBACKUP7PRO.EXE] section in the autobackup.ini file : EncryptedOrderDate=xxxxxx and EncryptedDownloadMaxDays=xxxxxx
Since they're on the local configuration file, there is no need to reach website at each startup to probe for license expiration.
The program will decrypt both values, add matching days to order date so it will calculate expiration date and compare it with current date.
This way, there's no slow down or hang at startup and you will know what's going on.

This will be in the next product update. Thanks for suggestion :)

Last edited:
Hello,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office 7.13.1.6277 have just been released.

Here is the change log for both versions:

Added:
- The program will now tell if updates have expired.

Fixed:
- Minor cosmetic bug fixes.

Grab it from your orders history's details on the shop's website at https://archive.fpnet.fr/account.php (ordered before May 1st 2022) or https://store.fpnet.fr/en/order-history for newer orders. You can also use the bundled updater tool (click the "Download Fab's AutoBackup 7.X" link within the program and get the updated files).

Hello,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office 7.13.1.6299 have just been released.

Here is the change log for both versions:

Fixed:
- When there was only one additional folder or additional file specified for copy in command line mode (using /ADDITIONALFOLDERS or /ADDITIONALFILES switch), it was not processed at all.
- Mirror copy feature was not working with additional folders: deleted items from source were not deleted in destination folders when the option was enabled.
- When the "Documents" folder was set as "Microsoft Visio shapes folder" location, it was copied twice: first as "Documents" folder (normal behavior) and secondly as "Microsoft Visio shapes" item. Now in this case, if both paths are the same, "Microsoft Visio shapes" feature will be disabled. Also, still in order to avoid duplicates, if the "Microsoft Visio shapes" folder is a "Documents" sub folder, it will be ignored while processing "My documents" item. The "Microsoft Visio shapes" item will have to be explicitly selected.

Grab it from your orders history's details on the shop's website at https://archive.fpnet.fr/account.php (ordered before May 1st 2022) or https://store.fpnet.fr/en/order-history for newer orders. You can also use the bundled updater tool (click the "Download Fab's AutoBackup 7.X" link within the program and get the updated files).

@Kitten Kong : Please remove the following if not allowed
Take advantage of our Black Friday deal :
25% off Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro with updates for 1 year with 6Y3NR7PM coupon code
or 30% off Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro with updates for 3 years with EPN21MWT coupon code

Hello,
Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro and Fab's AutoBackup 7 Home & Office 7.13.1.6299 have just been released.

I cannot get that update through the Fabs UI. It does show when I activate the Check for Updates control, but I have tried several times to hit the "Get . . . 6299" and nothing happens. I thought you'd want to know.

It looks like I've broken the link when adding the ability to tell if current license is expired. I'm looking at this right now since latest release has also this problem. Sorry!
Edit : I've found it out. Unfortunately, for everyone who have the link broken, you will need to download full package from website and overwrite your files with the ones in the self extractin archive. I'm preparing uploads now.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, for everyone who have the link broken, you will need to download full package from website and overwrite your files with the ones in the self extractin archive.

To quote Jane Curtin as Mrs. Loopner : 40 lashes with a wet noodle for you!

@Kitten Kong : Please remove the following if not allowed
Take advantage of our Black Friday deal :
25% off Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro with updates for 1 year with 6Y3NR7PM coupon code
or 30% off Fab's AutoBackup 7 Pro with updates for 3 years with EPN21MWT coupon cocode.
Fabrice you are fine with this post. You are a trusted vendor here.

What am I not doing right?
I wanted to see how much a current version of Fabs Autobackup costs in AUS dollars so did a search. But it seems that it doesn't exist?

Screenshot at 2023-11-26 13-33-38.png

Back