Ability to disable Secure Boot in Win 10 left to OEM's whim?

We're going to have to start hacking ROM, unless somebody comes up with a workaround. Lessee, if I wait until I see the logo, then stick a swiss army knife in the USB port, then open and close the lid 5 times REALLY fast...

Oh well. Maybe they'll only do it on the sub $200 units.

Meh. It won't matter! I present to the wise board for review: Ubuntu SecurityTeam - SecureBoot kernel key signing, installation, and the Shim bootloader
and
Linux Mint 17: Hands-on with UEFI Secure Boot

It all boils down to the kernel has to be signed in order to secure boot. The Certificate is available and you can SecureBoot linux right now. You can even compile your own Kernel and UEFI SecureBoot that, if you know your stuff. If this does become a reality, expect a swift "fix" from the Linux community, no doubt.

What's going to be affected heavily is going to be these boot CD's on our Zalman drives. :-(

What's going to be affected heavily is going to be these boot CD's on our Zalman drives.
Maybe not. I already use the Clonezilla Live CD with UEFI (Ubuntu amd64-based) and SystemRescueCD post-v.3.0.0 (Gentoo) – work fine with secure boot.

We're going to have to start hacking ROM, unless somebody comes up with a workaround. Lessee, if I wait until I see the logo, then stick a swiss army knife in the USB port, then open and close the lid 5 times REALLY fast...

Oh well. Maybe they'll only do it on the sub $200 units.

OMG....laughed so hard at this. ^^^^^^

Newest versions of memtest and pmagic(we use for gsmartcontrol) run with secure boot. I don't see it being a major issue, more like a minor pain in the...

Back