Windows Live Mail (yes i know...)

ck1402

Reaction score
Alright so after getting a few systems going for a small business (like three systems). I am running into an issue with windows live mail. It's a dell Optiplex running windows 7-64bit.

Windows Live Mail 2012

The issue i am having is when you open up windows live mail it's fine. However whenever i press "email message" to create a new message the screen flashes like it was opening up a window. However there is no window present. When you look down at the taskbar you see Windows live mail with another open screen. When you hover over it you see the new message tile there. However when you press on it nothing.
I even uninstalled it and re-installed it and still the same issues are present.

This who thing was an upgrade. There previous system was running XP so we got them new systems etc with everything. Has anyone encountered this issue before? The Window Live Mail was running a little odd and the screen got stuck off screen until i had changed the resolution to pull it back. Not sure if it's the same issue with the new message window or not. However i tried that and still nothing.

As always thanks for any info!
Chris

I wish it was that simple. Only have one monitor running. I will check the graphic options to see if something is stuck in extended.

No. It will show the message in the selection. However when the window is selected nothing happens. Not sure if the window is hidden off screen or not. I even have the program running as admin. Another issue is when you double click to open a messag in a window. Same thing happens.

No. It will show the message in the selection. However when the window is selected nothing happens. Not sure if the window is hidden off screen or not. I even have the program running as admin. Another issue is when you double click to open a messag in a window. Same thing happens.
yeah the window is off screen. a trick i try in this situation is to give the windows focus somehow then use Alt+Space then M then use the cursor keys to move the windows on screen.

Edit: Uninstalling a program doesn't necessarily mean it's configuration in the registry is removed. In fact it hardly ever is. So when you reinstall, the messed up config gets used again.

@glennd i tried the alt space m didn't worked so I ramped up to the highest resolution right clicked on the tile in the taskbar and selected move and worked like a charm. Thank you for the advice!
Again as always thanks guys we got this nailed down.

Back