[SOLVED] Windows 7 Booting Issues

Thanks so much guys for all the help. I contacted the owner of the computer to ask her what needed to be saved and since it was a corporate computer using a new software the software company wanted to fix it for the company. They said since it was most likely the new software issue the software company was gonna fix it. Anyway charged a diagnostic fee and its out the door no longer my headache.

I have just encountered this on my own office PC. I was getting a dirty harddrive on every reboot and chkdsk was giving me this on boot:
Error: Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.An unspecified error occurred

So I booted into my USB stick version of Windows 7 Pro to get a command prompt and run chkdsk while the boot drive was unmounted.

I also got the "not compatible" error, so I tried the original OEM disk that I used to install Windows 7 last year. Yet again I got the "not compatible" error. Which is absolutely crazy. How can my original, genuine DVD not be compatible with my current install of Windows?

I then tried to make a repair disk from my current install, but I got another error:
System repair disc could not be created. The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057

In a weird flash of insight I booted off my Windows 10 install USB stick and got the normal Windows 10 boot options. No complaints about incompatibility, just the usual "Continue", "Troubleshoot" and "Turn off PC" menu. Went into troubleshoot, then command prompt.

I am wondering if my PC is actually now a Windows 10 machine in disguise. After all the recent updates that people have been complaining about, where Windows 7 now has the same telemetry and "phoning home" behaviour of Windows 10. Have these updates actually altered my machine to a state where it is now incompatible with the original Windows 7?

Back