[SOLVED] Windows 7 Booting Issues

I guess you would have said, but I'm assuming you don't have MSDART for Win 7? IIRC - there were two - one 32 bit and one for 64 bit. Don't know if they're still around, but Google for them. You might be really lucky and find there are some restore points...

Yeah- I think 6.5 works with Win 7 (from memory), but if you can find the ISO for this - https://technet.microsoft.com/library/jj680823.aspx kicking about anywhere, that would be a better bet. As well as the 'official' channels, this used to be widely available on various file-sharing platforms, but I can't say I've noticed it recently - I'm not sure at what point MS stopped the availability to the general public.

Yeah- I think 6.5 works with Win 7 (from memory), but if you can find the ISO for this - https://technet.microsoft.com/library/jj680823.aspx kicking about anywhere, that would be a better bet. As well as the 'official' channels, this used to be widely available on various file-sharing platforms, but I can't say I've noticed it recently - I'm not sure at what point MS stopped the availability to the general public.

It's saying it works on win 10 so wouldnt that mean its still under development? Why would it not be available to the public?

I found it. IT's still under development and 8 just came out. You have to be a MSDN Subscriber to access it.

i was able to download both 32 and 64 Bit of version 6.5.

@glennd @markverhyden @glricht @CaltechComputers @cypress @E Bell @discipulus @Porthos @Mick @nlinecomputers
I've tried I believe everyones suggestions and still nothing. @Mick I tried both the 32 & 64 Bit version of MSDaRT and both pull up the exact same error as my original repair disk I made. "This version of system recovery options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disk that is compatible with this version of windows." I'm now wondering if I purchase the original repair disks from Lenovo is it gonna have the same issue. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to use before I order the Disks? The only thing havn't tried is rebuilding the MBR I was trying to get to safe mode or the recovery options.

Why do you need to order disks? You have a Windows 7 disk. It will install with the product key on the machine just fine. Getting the Lenovo disks means getting the lenovo bloatware as well.

Why do you need to order disks? You have a Windows 7 disk. It will install with the product key on the machine just fine. Getting the Lenovo disks means getting the lenovo bloatware as well.

Go back and read the issue from the beginning. This is an OEM Version. I tried using a Win 7 Pro ISO I have to make the disk and when I loaded the disk and pressed "Repair my Computer" is gave me that error. I'm not going to reinstall the whole OS yet if thats what your getting to. Even if I did that I still need to contact the owner to see if they have everything needed to put there software back on it.

The different versions of MSDART work with different versions of Windows. So, there's one for XP, one for Vista...and so on. And you can only use the one that's compatible with the OS that's installed. So - tbh, the error message you're getting makes me wonder if if it actually is Win 7 on this machine. OK - it has a sticker to say so, but you haven't actually seen it boot up to prove it...you could drop a Linux or Win PE CD in to see if you can see the file system or better still, get to the registry hive. If you know what you're looking for, you should be able to puzzle out exactly which OS is installed.

If it genuinely is Win 7 but is so shagged that msdart etc can't even recognise it, then an N & P is, as others have hinted, probably going to be your only way.

Back