Trackpad and keyboard freezing on Windows 10

Peperonix

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have this strange case of a Dell Latitude E6530 on Windows 10 Professional, with some freezes : left clicks on trackpad or USB mouse are no longer answering.
Self diagnosis (F5) revealed that all components (CPU / Memory / SSD) are OK.
Hard Disk Sentinel revealed that the smart values of the SSD are OK.

Everything is working fine if the laptop is running on a Linux bootable key (Q4OS Gemini) ; I can at least confirm that the trackpad works perfectly, including clicks.

Furthermore, if I insert the laptop's SSD in a very similar Dell Latitude E6520, all works perfectly ; so there is apparently no corruption from the OS, nor drivers.

Maybe the keyboard ?

Hi there,

I have this strange case of a Dell Latitude E6530 on Windows 10 Professional, with some freezes : left clicks on trackpad or USB mouse are no longer answering.
Self diagnosis (F5) revealed that all components (CPU / Memory / SSD) are OK.
Hard Disk Sentinel revealed that the smart values of the SSD are OK.

Everything is working fine if the laptop is running on a Linux bootable key (Q4OS Gemini) ; I can at least confirm that the trackpad works perfectly, including clicks.

Furthermore, if I insert the laptop's SSD in a very similar Dell Latitude E6520, all works perfectly ; so there is apparently no corruption from the OS, nor drivers.

Maybe the keyboard ?
Latest BIOS applied?
Refresh the kboard/touchpad drivers?

My bet would be BIOS. The touchpad works normally with Linux, so it's physically okay. The touchpad cable and KB cable are separate units, so I don't see why the KB would be implication. If you haven't done so, I would update the BIOS.

Back