Acer One 10 No Touch or Keyboard

Mainstay

Reaction score
Hi All,

I replaced the battery on an Acer One 10 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-on...-with-keyboard-silver/4379401.p?skuId=4379401).

The dismantle and re-assemble went smoothly and the system boots.

I logged into the account via the touchscreen but noticed the keyboard and trackpad were not responding. Odd, this has nothing to do with any area that I touched... but OK.

I came back the next day to see what I could see and now the touchscreen doesn't work. Nothing was touched between day 1 and day 2.

If I can get into Safe Mode Boot Options, the touchscreen works perfectly (not the keyboard or touchpad), but not in Windows.

Ideas?

Unclear how to proceed.

Thanks!

--Matthew

Missing some basic information....
Internal keyboard working at BIOS?
External keyboard\mouse working at all? BIOS \ Windows
Any of the above work booted from USB or network?

The tablet has a micro-usb port... but I have not been able to get a keyboard / mouse to work with it.... so no interface there.

I cannot get into BIOS using the touchpad... again... no interface.

There is no internal keyboard .... it is an attachment keyboard that "clicks" on... but is so cheaply made and it is not responding.

>>Any of the above work booted from USB or network?

USB boot... hmmm - hadn't thought of trying. Network boot, I think, would be a nightmare to setup.

OK - update on this.

I was able to get a OTG micro usb connected with a USB hub ... which then gave me a keyboard and mouse to work with...

I created a recovery image to a USB drive and then reformatted the whole works (after making a FABS backup).

The system is now running on W10 1607 and the touch SCREEN works... but not the keyboard and trackpad...

The system is an Acer One S1002.

About to gift him an OTG cable and kb/ms.

This seems to be a common issue with this unit. Do you hear the Windows connect/disconnect sound for USB devices? Many folks complaining over at Acer's forums. There is a BIOS update that is supposed to fix this.

Double check your pins to ensure they are all level, sometimes a quick cleaning will help. Sadly many of these Acer 2-in-1 style units are plagued with connection problems. On many of them the docks fails (cheap crap).

Like like yours failed at the wrong time.

Worth checking out if you can carefully open it as I had one customer the keyboard wasn't working and it had actually burnt the circuit inside and Acer replaced it even though it was out of warranty, might be an internal recall, those ones where a specific issue is "dealt with" on a case by case basis, but no formal recall.

I tried the BIOS update with no change.

There is supposed to be a dock firmware, but it has disappeared from the Acer website.

The Acer website was updated only yesterday on this issue... so maybe we can substitute with a BT keyboard / mouse.

Back