Snappy Driver Installer

Hi BadPointer, thanx for a great program!
One question: Is it possible to update wlan drivers through command line?
I see it is possible to use -autoinstall, but that will go through all drivers?
You can put the wlan driverpack in a separate folder and use -drp_dir:<dir>.

Any way of knowing what the current state of the update torrent is? I ask because i had to shut it down during update and now after restarting it, it's not updating anymore.
I kind of solved my problem by shutting down the program, removing all snappy entries from the firewall and restarting snappy. It prompted for the firewall again and then prompted for the updates again. so it all seems to be ok now.

Hey @BadPointer , thanks for this tool you have developed. I have been using it for months now and been really happy with it.

I am facing a problem with the latest version R315. After this update I am getting the "failed to extract error 2" message and of course no drivers are being installed. I am running SDI from my NAS and have given the account read/write permissions. I have tried running SDI as admin and have also tried in both x86 and x64 systems. Also tried running it from my USB stick and have even deleted the folder completely and redownloaded the torrent (full version).

Any ideas why I am getting this problem?

Thanks in advance.
FilthX

@FilthX
It would help if you saved log files.

The Error 2 means SDI ran out of RAM during extracting an archive. It shouldn't normally happen because SDI was supposed to recognize that it was running low on RAM and waited for other background tasks to finish before proceeding.

Also, keep in mind that the 32-bit version of SDI cannot allocate more than 2GB RAM even on 64-bit systems with lots of RAM. The 64-bit version doesn't have this limitation(2GB per process).

Hey @BadPointer ,

thanks for your prompt reply. I've got logs I can show you, but I "solved" the problem by using a backup I had on a USB stick. It works using this one from NAS and USB. So I think it should be a bad download. Anyway, if I come up to the same problem I will post some logs so you could check it out.

Thanks again,
FilthX

@FilthX
It would help if you saved log files.

The Error 2 means SDI ran out of RAM during extracting an archive. It shouldn't normally happen because SDI was supposed to recognize that it was running low on RAM and waited for other background tasks to finish before proceeding.

Also, keep in mind that the 32-bit version of SDI cannot allocate more than 2GB RAM even on 64-bit systems with lots of RAM. The 64-bit version doesn't have this limitation(2GB per process).
64bit version? Do you / can you share a link for it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited:
Back