Snappy Driver Installer

@BadPointer I put it to a real test today! It was one of the new crappy HP "Bay Trail CPU" laptops running Windows 8.1 with Bing. The client wants it running Windows 7 Pro.
It installed everything but the Bluetooth driver (which was not found in the driverpacks) in one go. Rebooted and all was good.

* While I'm hunting down the Bluetooth driver, Windows Update sneaks in and installs it behind my back LOL.

Thanks so much for this very useful program. Will be donating!

Yesterday I was run SDI to instal an old webcam, QUICKCAM FUSION V-UAR33 on Win7 desktop. But SDI find unknown USB device and could'nt find drivers. When I unpack Logitech folder from DP_WebCam_14101.7z and manualy install drivers via Device Manager from unpacked folder, everything goes OK.

Yesterday I was run SDI to instal an old webcam, QUICKCAM FUSION V-UAR33 on Win7 desktop. But SDI find unknown USB device and could'nt find drivers. When I unpack Logitech folder from DP_WebCam_14101.7z and manualy install drivers via Device Manager from unpacked folder, everything goes OK.

Can you send me the logs(folder named "logs"), so that I can look into it.

So I have just used SDI for the first time, set it off before I went for dinner or a system with a system needing around 20 drivers. Started it went for dinner, came back all done. could not quite believe it.

The logs says that you didn't have any driverpacks and the index folder appears to be empty. This is why SDI wasn't able to find any drivers.

I loaded the snapshot(2015_02_21__22_59_09__SLOBA-PC_state.snp) and it shows that you can update 24 drivers including the webcam.

I was download SDI without driverpack bases, expected SDI find drivers from his own drivers base from Internet. I seem to have misunderstood how the program works.

Cheers heaps , has helped with the dreaded network driver / bluetooth. Every machine I have tried it on has installed what I needed.
It saves hardware ID and spam associated with it.

Sloba get the latest SDI with driverpacks from a torrent about 8gb, quickest way in the end. Keep this on an external drive, when needed update the driver packs.

Last edited:
Just to let badpointer and some of you(s) know, I finally was able to update to the latest release here at the shop. I have in the past been getting timeouts on the downloads for the driverpacks. I've never had that problem with the basic program. So now I am a happy camper - again!

I've had all types of good luck using it with Windows Vista & Windows 7 computers, but when it comes to working with a fresh load of windows 8 (not 8.1) it never completes and eventually the computer shows "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer." Yet another reason I so dislike Window$ 8.

A new version has been released: R193.

R169 should notify about the latest release, however older versions are seeing only R169. Eventually users will download the latest release but they might end up downloading the outdated R169 first. If you're still using an older version, I recommend you not to rely on its automatic update feature.

A new version has been released: R193.

R169 should notify about the latest release, however older versions are seeing only R169. Eventually users will download the latest release but they might end up downloading the outdated R169 first. If you're still using an older version, I recommend you not to rely on its automatic update feature.

I just downloaded R197 and it works very well !! Does it update automatically in the background or will it ask to be updated ?

Does it have to download the whole driverpack (s) to update the drivers ?

Thanks for a great program !!

Been using this quite a bit lately, one thing that worries me though is can we trust the actual driver packs? What is to stop who ever produces driverpacks sneaking something nasty in one of the drivers?

Been using this quite a bit lately, one thing that worries me though is can we trust the actual driver packs? What is to stop who ever produces driverpacks sneaking something nasty in one of the drivers?
Most drivers have digital signatures which means that it's impossible to change anything without invalidating signatures. Sometimes we wish we could fix obvious bugs in drivers but we just can't, so we have identify erroneous information on the fly and handle these special cases without modifying files.

It's normal for XP drivers to not have signatures, but starting with Vista, Microsoft started aggressively enforcing digital signatures on OEMs, so you rarely come across an unsigned driver.

SDI always prioritizes signed drivers over unsigned ones and won't suggest installing them unless the device is missing a driver and there are no better choices(or the "Worse match" checkbox is ticked).

No, it's impossible to spoof, unless someone finds a vulnerability like the Heartbleed bug. As far as I know there no known vulnerabilities and Microsoft would fix it if it's ever discovered.
If driver has a signature, you can be sure that it's not modified.

Hi BadPointer, thanx for a great program!
One question: Is it possible to update wlan drivers through command line?
I see it is possible to use -autoinstall, but that will go through all drivers?

Back