Snappy Driver Installer

JustInspired

Reaction score
Snappy Driver Installer is an application for installing/updating drivers on PCs running Microsoft Windows using DriverPacks or included folders with drivers. It can be used to install drivers on newly assembled PCs at places where Internet isn't available. Users can also use the software to keep their drivers up to date.

https://code.google.com/p/snappy-driver-installer/

Snappy Driver Installer is an application for automatic installing and updating of drivers. It uses driverpacks which were originally developed at driverpacks.net and were later expanded by SamLab. Snappy Driver Installer is free to use, Open Source and it doesn't have any ads/bloatware.

Keep in mind that the application won't be able to find drivers till you let it download indexes(7 MB).
Additionally, you might opt to download all driverpacks(7 GB) so that Snappy Driver Installer can be used without Internet connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/344745-snappy-driver-installer.html

Features

Written in C/C++.
Licensed under GNU GPL v3 (Open source).
State of the art algorithm of finding best matching drivers for any devices.
Tiny size(less than one megabyte).
Fast indexing of driverpacks, start up, driver installation.
Automatic updating of driverpacks and the application over the Internet.
Support for installation from both driverpacks and folders at the same time.
Unattended installation(/autoinstall switch) with PC rebooting when necessary.
Creation of snapshots of systems so other users could emulate foreign systems.
Virus warnings informing user that the media with the application compromised.
Multilingual interface.
Themes.

Looks pretty good. Going to give it a whirl. :)

Downloaded this and the 7gb driver pack to use to test on a vista 32 bit home laptop that I had to reload and I was pretty impressed with it. Found both network and wifi drivers offline. It also found everything else I needed too. Will be using this more often now.

I use DriverPack Solution for offline installs and it's very rare that it doesn't contain the network (and many other) drivers that I need.

So is this pretty much the same kind of thing, or does it bring something else advantageous to the table?

I use DriverPack Solution for offline installs and it's very rare that it doesn't contain the network (and many other) drivers that I need.

So is this pretty much the same kind of thing, or does it bring something else advantageous to the table?

I guess I should have worded it better. I haven't used Driver Pack Solutions which is a separate program I believe, so I don't know if it's better. With Snappy Driver you can download the drivers you want or you can also download a index of drivers that is 7GB to use for offline use.

I downloaded the 7gb index as well and ran it off an external drive and the interface is pretty easy to use. it will show you what drivers are currently not installed and what are need to be updated. You can also choose to install all at once or one at a time.

I tried to download the SDI with 7GB driver pack and it downloads in seconds and then asks for a program to open it with? all other external links to the program seem to be in Russian? how did u get it? please let me know, thanks

I tried to download the SDI with 7GB driver pack and it downloads in seconds and then asks for a program to open it with? all other external links to the program seem to be in Russian? how did u get it? please let me know, thanks

I used the first link https://code.google.com/p/snappy-driver-installer/

Then I used the 1.5 mb download and unzip the folder and you should see the program. Then once in the program you can download the 7gb index. I tried the link with the 7gb torrent and couldn't get that to work either.

Snappy Driver. We just downloaded this program yesterday. From a very cursory look it appears very good. Has any one had positive experiences with it? We have used 3dpNet and 3dpChip for several years. We used to use and subscribe to Driverguide but it let us down a lot.

I downloaded the 7GB update via Torrent and it created a folder SDI_Update, withing which is SDI_R141. Run it and you're in business.

Edit: ...using uTorrent

Last edited:
Well, since we downloaded and installed Speedy Driver today to a flash drive, we tried it on 2 HP notebooks, a Dell OptiPlex SSF and a Compaq desktop with Vista. On the target on each one of them and VERY convenient to use. Is this to good to be true - fire holes in it someone. Sure beats going to the manufacturers website and sorting it out.

It would be interesting to see if it works on Windows 8.

Tried it on about 3 windows 7 desktops. An hp and Lenovo laptop with win 7 and a acre laptop running vista. Found every driver so far. Doesn't seem to be installing other stuff but haven't really stopped to check that out.

I used to to use slim drivers but like this much better.haven't tested on win 8 yet though

Sounds like you downloaded the "torrent" version.

utorrent should "run", download the files for you.

Harold

I'm seeding to 5 to 1. It's now over 8GB so won't fit on an 8GB key anymore. I decided to remove two zip archives from the drivers folder - ServerVideo and Printers - leaving the total at just over 6GB. So far so good.

Downloaded it last night. Probably the second time that I have used uTorrent lol, really haven't had a need for it before. File was around 8GB and everything worked flawlessly. Ran it off my external hard drive that I take with me on site. Excellent program.

Back