Snappy Driver Installer

I've been using driverscloud can't complain about the drivers they work well and have not gotten any ugly surprises usually and it's a ugly way for me to find drivers is by using the google command ?intitle:index.of?"insert driver" and hope to get a folder from a official manufacturer.

Shawn W. Dion
aka GreyWolf

This is a MUST HAVE for me.
I've found Windows 10 to be handling driver issues much better than it's predecessors. The must have for me is FABs which if you haven't discovered yet the discussion is here - https://www.technibble.com/forums/threads/fabs-autobackup-7-pro-a-must-have-tool-for-techs.78308/
Agreed. I havent really had a driver issue for a long time now...

@dreadpooka Dont forget WRT (Windows Repair Toolbox.) I use this and Fabs so often that I cant run my business without them.

Discussion for WRT here:

Seeing how Windows 10 is not marking driver updates as "optional" I'm much more likely to use this from now on. They actually expect you to pick the right "optional" driver updates from a long list of drivers that don't even apply to your machine. I trust SDI more because at least it tells you which drivers are actually missing. Every change Microsoft makes to Windows 10 just makes it worse and worse.

Just used it again today at a client's site to install 2 drivers that were strangely missing and Windows wouldn't find. SDIO sure made it easier and faster.

@glennd, a suggestion: Break up those really huge driver packs into several smaller files. Today I didn't have the flash drive with SDIO, so had to download it and the relevant driver packs; had one or both of the drivers I needed been in the really large files, I would've had to return another day, instead of being able to do it on the spot.

Just used it again today at a client's site to install 2 drivers that were strangely missing and Windows wouldn't find. SDIO sure made it easier and faster.

@glennd, a suggestion: Break up those really huge driver packs into several smaller files. Today I didn't have the flash drive with SDIO, so had to download it and the relevant driver packs; had one or both of the drivers I needed been in the really large files, I would've had to return another day, instead of being able to do it on the spot.
I really wish I could but that's out of my hands.

I just download the SDI torrent for fun just so I can seed the hell out of it. I've got a gigabit connection and unlimited bandwidth and I like to stick it to Comcast for being a$$holes and charging me for unlimited bandwidth so I try to download everything I can nowadays even if I just delete it afterwards. I hit nearly 40TB last month.

I like the function that shows the details of both old & new drivers, press ctrl while hovering the cursor over the drivers listed.
Interestingly, on this HP All in One, 24-f0032na, with an Intel Core i5-8250U, a Xeon driver had the date 1968.

I try to download everything I can nowadays even if I just delete it afterwards. I hit nearly 40TB last month.

Whatever makes you happy. One can only scratch one's head as to why, as it's a lot of work for nothing. As someone else has observed with regard to ISPs, they don't care anything about you, or what you do; all they hope is to collect the monthly bill and never require any service call for your service.

I like the function that shows the details of both old & new drivers, press ctrl while hovering the cursor over the drivers listed.
Interestingly, on this HP All in One, 24-f0032na, with an Intel Core i5-8250U, a Xeon driver had the date 1968.
According to intel ...

“Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic – Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.This is necessary because it’s a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers. Updating Intel(R) Chipset Device Software is not needed."

Last edited:
I've been in this game for 23 years and today was the first time I noticed that date. Obviously not as observant as I thought I was lol.
Google the date and it's all over the interweb :cool:

it's a lot of work for nothing
Not really. I've got a home server with over 100TB of storage. All I've gotta do is click the link to a popular torrent and let it run. Last time I checked I seeded SDI like 4TB alone and that's just one torrent. Bandwidth costs these companies money and I like to think that I'm an unprofitable customer for them. Though knowing how predatory these companies are, it wouldn't surprise me of a terabyte of bandwidth costs Comcast like $0.01.

Not really. I've got a home server with over 100TB of storage. All I've gotta do is click the link to a popular torrent and let it run. Last time I checked I seeded SDI like 4TB alone and that's just one torrent. Bandwidth costs these companies money and I like to think that I'm an unprofitable customer for them. Though knowing how predatory these companies are, it wouldn't surprise me of a terabyte of bandwidth costs Comcast like $0.01.
But you are using up bandwidth of other users. Seems like you have too much time on your hands. Of course you are busy counting your money while it's running. 😊

Back