"Rules" for Windows 7 Upgrades Verified

lawson_jl

Reaction score
Personally I'm not liking this. To sum the article up it says that there is no way to perform a clean install with the Windows 7 upgrade disc. You can only perform an upgrade with it and there is no "work around" like in Vista.

There is a a great comemnt that sums up my thoughts "Way to tell everyone this right after the huge preorders for the upgrade version finish."

I guess Microsoft hasn't changed that much after all. I'd rather have them make good products then have good customer service I guess.

http://hothardware.com/News/Rules-for-Windows-7-Upgrades-Verified/

I thought 7 discs were going to be like Vista and be an any version type disc. If this is the case then what stops you? Will it not accept the key if it was done as a clean install? That just screws you over severly if your system is dead tot he point a full restore with a clean install must be done your going to have to install the original OS first? That is entirely bs by my book and I don't care for it and if I have to fix a machine by that manner I will spend an hour on the phone bitching to MS about this inhibiting the repair of a PC.

So what is there protocol going to be on a re-installation?

1. Install original OS, then update OS to Windows 7

OR

2. Go out and buy a second OS

These guys just keep digging themselves in a hole, and then they wonder why they get such a bad rep...this is ridiculous.

Back