Remote Support

Rob de Vries

Reaction score
Hi All. I have been tasked with researching new remote support programs for my company.

So far there is the obvious one Teamviewer, but its pricing scheme is crazy.

I am also looking at ones like simple-help, Splashtop, and Ultraviewer.

We need something that's cross platform (ie windows, mac, Linux, and mobile) to be able to cover all of our customers.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me to look at?

yep definately Screen Connect - absolutely love it. I bought it ages ago and self host it. So the prices i got it for have been grandfathered but its still quote affordable and you can go their cloud option.
As a backup i have the Take Control in Max Focus but much prefer the easy of Screen Connect

AeroAdmin, Anyplace, and Anydesk are all affordable, reliable options. I currently use Anydesk.

Hi,

I use TeamViewer and it's great ! Also I have a Remote Desktop Services Server and I can use the gateway functionnality to be able to RDP directly to the servers without the vpn. RDP seems faster than TeamViewer. What I like about TeamViewer though is that I can remote our company cell phones also when a user has an issue.

I used to use TV but like the OP got fed-up with its price-gouging. Anydesk is on-test/trial here and doing well so far.

This constantly comes up. Definitely a search for common brands will yield you popular results. I am using Anydesk.

We use instant house call and happy with it. We did get a computer in that a local guy was trying to fix remotely and saw he was using Bomgar. I never heard of it before last week but it might be worth checking out. We're happy with IHC.

Pretty sure Bomgar's one of those high-end enterprise ("call us for a quote") setups that's mostly geared to large corporate or enterprise software customers.

I used Bomgar before at a prior company, and while I don't know anything about the pricing, I know the company was a larger enterprise - 250+ employees, 5 locations, six IT people.

When I started my own company, I looked at what was available and purchased TeamViewer. I think it's much more powerful than Bomgar, but that might just be how we were using it.

Since I'm a one man shop, TeamViewer's licensing isn't that convoluted for me. Flat fee, and I only have to pay again if I want to add a second technician, or get the newest version, or buy a new feature (I can't currently support mobile devices, but could add it if I needed to)

I originally purchased version 8, and have spent less than $500 to upgrade over the years. I have the software installed on my laptop, desktop and tablet, and can use any of them to connect to a client (provided I'm not using it to connect to the same client on two devices - they yell if I do that. ;) )

I've used Screen Connect, and it's similar, but I personally think it's more expensive than Team Viewer...at least, in my situation.

Just my two cents worth.

I used Bomgar before at a prior company, and while I don't know anything about the pricing, I know the company was a larger enterprise - 250+ employees, 5 locations, six IT people.

When I started my own company, I looked at what was available and purchased TeamViewer. I think it's much more powerful than Bomgar, but that might just be how we were using it.

Since I'm a one man shop, TeamViewer's licensing isn't that convoluted for me. Flat fee, and I only have to pay again if I want to add a second technician, or get the newest version, or buy a new feature (I can't currently support mobile devices, but could add it if I needed to)

I originally purchased version 8, and have spent less than $500 to upgrade over the years. I have the software installed on my laptop, desktop and tablet, and can use any of them to connect to a client (provided I'm not using it to connect to the same client on two devices - they yell if I do that. ;) )

I've used Screen Connect, and it's similar, but I personally think it's more expensive than Team Viewer...at least, in my situation.

Just my two cents worth.

My scenario exactly!:)

Rogers Wireless in Canada used Bomgar for a while, but ditched them due to promises that never came to light. Bomgar is now a word used to describe anything that likely will never happen. Source: Scott, who I worked with at a Rogers Wireless Corporate call center with back in 2010.

:)

Thanks everyone. Came across Simple Help while watching an episode of Jupiter Broadcasting. Looks like thats going to be our remote support software of choice. Thanks again for everyone's feedback

Hi All. I have been tasked with researching new remote support programs for my company.

So far there is the obvious one Teamviewer, but its pricing scheme is crazy.

I am also looking at ones like simple-help, Splashtop, and Ultraviewer.

We need something that's cross platform (ie windows, mac, Linux, and mobile) to be able to cover all of our customers.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me to look at?

Simple-Help is create and very inexpensive.

I personally use Teamviewer and have since like v7 and have been very happy with it. There is talks in the ASCII groups about a product I hadn't heard of before for a group buy-in but the pricing even without seems decent if you want to check it out http://www.islonline.com/.

Reactions: GTP
I know the owner of Islonline, he's in a tech Facebook group, they have a group buy option rolling right now. He has a resume full of tech background and I think a player with AVG. I'm not using the product, but he's active in our group.

Back