Reflash corrupted BIOS on non-POSTing HP

Rob_NNCC

Reaction score
Thank you all for looking at this. This laptop was a bit of a learning experience. As I am sure some of you know, laptop makers give bios codes on the keyboard lock keys. This HP is flashing its Caps and NumLock 2x, according to this means corrupted BIOS. Now the laptop is a DV5Z-1000. I then found http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...nsyde-bios-recovery-using-usb-thumbdrive.html that tells how to flash the bios on a non posting sytem. (essentially take the bios file, strip off the rev., name it a bin, put it on a flash, hold win B, plug in and power up w. no battery.) , here is where I think the problem is, I don't think I am getting the right BIOS. By putting in DV5Z-1000 I get a CTO laptop. If I take that BIOS, and rename it to 30F2.bin or 3622.BIN the laptop will BEEP, access the flash drive, BEEP some more, then 'restart' with more numlock capslock flashing...

Again I think i have the wrong BIOS or wrong name for the BIOS in the flash drive. Has anyone flashed a BIOS to an HP in a situation like this?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you all for looking at this. This laptop was a bit of a learning experience. As I am sure some of you know, laptop makers give bios codes on the keyboard lock keys. This HP is flashing its Caps and NumLock 2x, according to this means corrupted BIOS. Now the laptop is a DV5Z-1000. I then found http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...nsyde-bios-recovery-using-usb-thumbdrive.html that tells how to flash the bios on a non posting sytem. (essentially take the bios file, strip off the rev., name it a bin, put it on a flash, hold win B, plug in and power up w. no battery.) , here is where I think the problem is, I don't think I am getting the right BIOS. By putting in DV5Z-1000 I get a CTO laptop. If I take that BIOS, and rename it to 30F2.bin or 3622.BIN the laptop will BEEP, access the flash drive, BEEP some more, then 'restart' with more numlock capslock flashing...

Again I think i have the wrong BIOS or wrong name for the BIOS in the flash drive. Has anyone flashed a BIOS to an HP in a situation like this?

Thanks in advance!

Not done an HP lately but I have done an ACER and had to call it BIOS.FD?

Try that extension rather than .bin

Have you tried following the Acer method?

Back