Ozemail/IINET Outlook IMAP settings

Rigo

Reaction score
G'day folks,
With the TPG related providers getting out of email hosting, what are the currently working settings for Ozemail or IINET?
Whatever found on the net seems to relate to before the change 😒🤔

No idea, they had a habit anyway of not updating information on the net before they went down.

All I could find though this is insecure as well as previously they were using TLS 1.0 & 1.1. So the issue may be related to the discontinuation of the TLS versions.
Code:
Incoming Mail Server    mail.tpg.com.au

Outgoing Server            mail.tpg.com.au
 Incoming POP3             110
 SSL                                off

Outgoing Server           Logon Using Name & Password
Outgoing Server           587
Encryption                    Auto
Secure Password         off

or

Incoming Mail Server (POP)
Port: 995 Tick the box 'Use TLS/SSL'
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
Port: 465 Tick the box 'Use TLS/SSL'

maybe...

Mail settings TPG​

POP / IMAPpop3
Incoming servermail.tpg.com.au
Incoming port110
SSl (security) incomingnone
Outgoing servermail.tpg.com.au
Outgoing port25
Requires sign-inyes

Many TPG-owned email addresses have not yet been transferred to The Messaging Company. Apparently the email client server settings will not need to be changed before or after the address is transferred.

Does the email client not automatically configure the settings for that account?

Does the email client not automatically configure the settings for that account?
Correct.
Tried automatic, then manually configuring the settings, no joy.
He seems to have the correct pwd on his notes and he said that works on his desktop but can't get it to work on the laptop I had to N n P.

No idea, they had a habit anyway of not updating information on the net before they went down.

All I could find though this is insecure as well as previously they were using TLS 1.0 & 1.1. So the issue may be related to the discontinuation of the TLS versions.
Code:
Incoming Mail Server    mail.tpg.com.au

Outgoing Server            mail.tpg.com.au
 Incoming POP3             110
 SSL                                off

Outgoing Server           Logon Using Name & Password
Outgoing Server           587
Encryption                    Auto
Secure Password         off

or

Incoming Mail Server (POP)
Port: 995 Tick the box 'Use TLS/SSL'
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
Port: 465 Tick the box 'Use TLS/SSL'

maybe...

Mail settings TPG​

POP / IMAPpop3
Incoming servermail.tpg.com.au
Incoming port110
SSl (security) incomingnone
Outgoing servermail.tpg.com.au
Outgoing port25
Requires sign-inyes
I haven't tried with tpg as servers.
And wanted to config for imap

Confirm that using webmail.

Also check to see that they haven't implemented "additional security" of the sort that Comcast/Xfinity added here in the USA. I have a client where I was able to log in perfectly fine for webmail, but for whom I could not set up an email client for love nor money.

Someone here kindly pointed me to the following, which left me slack-jawed, but explained this situation: Turn your access to third-party email programs on or off in Xfinity Email. Who knows what other providers might be doing something like this now.

Back