Need help with website expert (wordpress)

YeOldeStonecat

Reaction score
I really don't dabble in websites...we offer hosting to our clients with our MSP packages, and their website people are given an account to upload, manage, etc. And I'll make DNS record changes per their requests.

We have a client who had a horrible website design house redo their website. After being CC'd on 88 katrilliion emails back and forth between my client and them, the website is supposed to be "launched" this week.

I created an account months ago at our LiquidWeb for the website design house staff to use...I cannot determine if the current website is running on their test server, or actually up at LiquidWeb. They've been doing a forwarder. But what I do envision, is that the website design house will have a bunch of requests for me at the last minute, right at launch, and since they're all outside my wheelhouse, I'll not be able to respond swiftly for this launch.

So I'm looking for someones assistance, not sure which night they chose for this week yet (just sure it's not tonight..not Monday). This would be billable help of course. And they say after 5pm. The girl who did most of the website work...this must not be her main day job, she always emailed me requests after 5pm.

88 katrilliion
Thats not very many emails. :rolleyes:

Hrmm, LiquidWeb.com? Thats you? If so, I may switch my companies emails over to you. I pay twice what you charge at RackSpace for the same thing. #%@#%@#

I wish I could help you in your wordpress issue, but I loath WP and try to steer clear of it.

Last edited:
If they have admin access to the hosting then they should need little or no input from you. Even if it's running on their test server all they need to do is install Wordpress on Liquidweb (assume it has a cPanel or some kind?) restore a back of of the site and then change the DNS. Should be easier than pissin' on your shoes.

Hrmm, LiquidWeb.com? Thats you? If so, I may switch my companies emails over to you. I pay twice what you charge at RackSpace for the same thing. #%@#%@#.

We have a wholesale account at LW....which we used to have at RackSpace, but RS has started getting out of the "smaller hosting" so they struck a deal with LW and auto migrated batches of their wholesale accounts over there for web/basic email. We still have our wholesale account at RS for the pure DNS control panel.

Back