Is Office 2013 still downloadable from Microsoft in 2024 ?

I'd seen this site before and was wondering if it was a scam or not...hardly any way to tell any more unless you find out by trying or know someone that has. Thanks for the link.
That's legit. But read the not so small print. It's a single use only. And by single I mean only one registration. It'll live and die on the host. This beast has reared it's head in the past and I avoid it. I think it came out back in XP day's. OEM customers were offered dirt cheap, relatively speaking, LK purchases on retail machines they had purchase. But the one time use was buried in the small print.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 4.29.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 4.29.25 PM.png

That's legit. But read the not so small print. It's a single use only. And by single I mean only one registration. It'll live and die on the host. This beast has reared it's head in the past and I avoid it. I think it came out back in XP day's. OEM customers were offered dirt cheap, relatively speaking, LK purchases on retail machines they had purchase. But the one time use was buried in the small print.

View attachment 16235

View attachment 16236

Good to know...because we all know so many clients don't do a good job with keeping track of anything. Residential for sure this seems solid. Business depends on the needs I suppose.

Last edited:
Good to know...because we all know so many clients don't do a good job with keeping track of anything.
LOL!!! That's how I found about the single use thing. Customer's machine died. No problem. Spin up a new one and transfer everything over. Of course apps have to be re-installed. Key won't work. Nuke and pave a new machine and do it all again. Same. Call MS. On the phone for like 3-4 hours being bounced around like a ping pong ball. Reps all useless. Finally noticed a post somewhere about single use LKs. At least she remembered how she paid for it so that's how I figured it was a single use.

LOL!!! That's how I found about the single use thing. Customer's machine died. No problem. Spin up a new one and transfer everything over. Of course apps have to be re-installed. Key won't work. Nuke and pave a new machine and do it all again. Same. Call MS. On the phone for like 3-4 hours being bounced around like a ping pong ball. Reps all useless. Finally noticed a post somewhere about single use LKs. At least she remembered how she paid for it so that's how I figured it was a single use.

Lol good info to know. Appreciate the story lol. There's actually been a couple times I gave people a discount for having all their $h^t together with licenses and software. From the ones I remember they said no everything went so smooth they didn't want to short change me lol.

There's actually been a couple times I gave people a discount for having all their $h^t together with licenses and software

I wish I could say this, but it's never been entirely true. One of the reasons I love the linking of Windows user accounts to a given Microsoft Account is because, for Microsoft's own software, regardless of source of origin, the licenses end up being automatically connected with that Microsoft Account. Whether you have to do an N & P, a system drive needs to be replaced, or a whole new computer comes on the scene, it's just so much easier to create a Windows user account linked to the same Microsoft Account, and away you go with reinstalls. It does the looking to see if you already have this licensed, and, if so, there's nothing more for you to do.

Some of my clients are much better than others about having their stuff together, but whether residential or micro business, there always seems to be at least one vital piece of information missing, be it login IDs, passwords, license keys, etc., etc., etc.

I wish I could say this, but it's never been entirely true. One of the reasons I love the linking of Windows user accounts to a given Microsoft Account is because, for Microsoft's own software, regardless of source of origin, the licenses end up being automatically connected with that Microsoft Account. Whether you have to do an N & P, a system drive needs to be replaced, or a whole new computer comes on the scene, it's just so much easier to create a Windows user account linked to the same Microsoft Account, and away you go with reinstalls. It does the looking to see if you already have this licensed, and, if so, there's nothing more for you to do.

Some of my clients are much better than others about having their stuff together, but whether residential or micro business, there always seems to be at least one vital piece of information missing, be it login IDs, passwords, license keys, etc., etc., etc.

Exactly I've found the Microsoft account to be a gift and a curse lol. Gift if they have it and we can get into the account. Curse if they look at me and say "what's a Microsoft account?" Haha.

Curse if they look at me and say "what's a Microsoft account?" Haha.

Actually, for me no more of a curse than those who say, of any email account, "I don't have a password! I've never had a pasword!," and who truly don't seem to recognize that their email address is an account with that email service provider.

Most of the time, I have little difficulty figuring out if they have a Microsoft Account (usually with the email address they use most) unless some idiot created a throwaway email address that they literally never used or touched and used that as the login ID for the Microsoft Account.

One good thing is, over the years, I've made very good progress in getting all of my clients to understand, to the core of their being, that login ID and passwords (ignoring MFA, those who use MFA generally are far more "advanced" in their understanding of "how things work") are the literal keys to their cyber kingdom, and need to be handled just like they do the keys to their home and car.

Last edited:
Actually, for me no more of a curse than those who say, of any email account, "I don't have a password! I've never had a pasword!," and who truly don't seem to recognize that their email address is an account with that email service provider?

Most of the time, I have little difficulty figuring out if they have a Microsoft Account (usually with the email address they use most) unless some idiot created a throwaway email address that they literally never used or touched and used that as the login ID for the Microsoft Account.

One good thing is, over the years, I've made very good progress in getting all of my clients to understand, to the core of their being, that login ID and passwords (ignoring MFA, those who use MFA generally are far more "advanced" in their understanding of "how things work") are the literal keys to their cyber kingdom, and need to be handled just like they do the keys to their home and car.

Yeah I've been getting better over the last couple of years about trying to teach people that it's the gateway to pretty much everything they do in the modern world of computing.

Back