MMC Class not registered

anglian

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone managed to find a fix for MMC Class not registered on win7?

sfc scan shows nothing, ran through a bunch of virus and malware checkers (mostly D7) and everything is clean.

Don't really want to do a reinstall.

hi anglian

Have you tried reregistering the .dll file for this by running cmd as admin and typing regsvr32 mmcndmgr.dll

Alternatively there have been reports that this sort of error could be down to emory issues. What sort of memory and how much is being used?

hi anglian

Have you tried reregistering the .dll file for this by running cmd as admin and typing regsvr32 mmcndmgr.dll

Alternatively there have been reports that this sort of error could be down to emory issues. What sort of memory and how much is being used?

dll registers ok then "class not registered" pops up
system info shows no info for memory or processor

windows memory diagnostic shows no errors with memory

According to D7,
RAM: 3548 MB 39% used CPU 2% (with just browser and D7 running)

The reason I ask for information on memory is because some memory manufacturers do not "ok" installation of 8gb of memory (2x4 sticks) with various mainboards, even though the mainboard manufacturer okayed the memory for this board.

As you have not stated there is not 8GB installed I would assume this is not the issue but you could try removing one stick of memory to see if that helps. If not then I can onlly come to the sam solution as you and try a fresh install

Hi,

Has anyone managed to find a fix for MMC Class not registered on win7?

sfc scan shows nothing, ran through a bunch of virus and malware checkers (mostly D7) and everything is clean.

Don't really want to do a reinstall.

I know this is an old thread but I've had the same problem on three separate PCs and have yet to come up with a fix for this problem. I have noticed that I only get this issue after running D7's "Windows Repair" tools. I am trying to narrow down exactly which repair it is that's doing this so I can let Nick know. If anyone knows of a fix, other than a repair installation, please share lol.

Ya, a real PITA when those come across the desk. Repair install is the only way I have found so far. I have spent 2-3 days with every fix and tinkering with only minor results.

I know this is an old thread but I've had the same problem on three separate PCs and have yet to come up with a fix for this problem. I have noticed that I only get this issue after running D7's "Windows Repair" tools. I am trying to narrow down exactly which repair it is that's doing this so I can let Nick know. If anyone knows of a fix, other than a repair installation, please share lol.
I've only had one, and I'm sure it was D7's "Repair WMI/WBEM/DCOM" that did it. I tried a whole bunch of things that didn't fix it, so ended up doing a repair install (Win 7 32 bit).

Had this today for the third time in two weeks. Hate to say it but I think there may be a D7 connection as, on one, I could open services.msc before the general repairs but got the error after they'd run. SFC ran clean.

Tweaking.com's utility fixed it with what I'm assuming was the "register system files".

You dug up a 3 month dead thread to echo the last post? Totally worth it :/

Edit: ROFL - just got a PM saying "Nice Troll". Nice. I guess some of us don't know that this isn't some 1990's AOL forum where it's still cool to post "I AGREE".

Last edited:
Back